• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Sorry we missed you guys. We really didn't run you down all that much . . .

The fish was OK. Not amazing, but totally fine. It's the first time I've had food other than the burger and fries there. But I viewed the beer as my primary sustenance, and it was more distinctive-tasting than the fish.

Last edited:

JackL2

Reaction score
How good are their custom jeans, srgprod? Any idea on cost?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Well denim doctors is the gold standard for repairs so i don't see any reason to go anywhere else when they're proven.

dgsdm

Reaction score
Guys, any suggestions on where to take my mom out to for mother's day?

on a side note, I just moved to LA a month ago.

edit: damn I think you have to make reservations weeks in advance, especially on a day like mother's day.. Should've known

Last edited:

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys, any suggestions on where to take my mom out to for mother's day?

on a side note, I just moved to LA a month ago.

edit: damn I think you have to make reservations weeks in advance, especially on a day like mother's day.. Should've known

Next time get a reservation for Perch LA on a weekend afternoon. Your Mom will like it.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hit up Mess Hall in Los Feliz this weekend after hearing all the praise from friends and the internet. It was very MEH. Maybe it was a fluke for the one time I went? I had the Mess burger and my friends had the baby back ribs and the waitress-recommended short rib. We all came to the same conclusion. I mean, it wasn't bad by any means, but I expected it to be much better, especially after hearing all the stellar reviews. Has anyone been?

On the other hand, I finally got the burger that I remember Jet recommending way back when from Westside Tavern. That was a great burger.

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be in LA in a couple of weeks for a few days. We have reservations at Ink on Saturday night. Will probably shop at South Willard on Friday. I could use some recommendations for dining (breakfast/lunch/brunch/dinner), shopping other than the South Willard area and places to shop for watches (new or vintage). Thanks.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm going to be in LA in a couple of weeks for a few days. We have reservations at Ink on Saturday night. Will probably shop at South Willard on Friday. I could use some recommendations for dining (breakfast/lunch/brunch/dinner), shopping other than the South Willard area and places to shop for watches (new or vintage). Thanks.

Ink is bad ass! Make sure you get the egg yolk gnocchi.

Hit up shopthefinest.com warehouse for mens clothing. Call Ian to set up an appointment beforehand.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

West Time for new watches, in addition to the several brand boutiques, mostky in Beverly hills. The only "vintage" shop that I like is Phillippe's in Beverly Hills.

For stores like South Willard, I'd say Mohawk General Store, Confederacy, Barney's in BH.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feldmar is also worth visiting for new watches, and the prices are pretty negotiable.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feldmar is a good bet for nice discounts, but truth be told, after ****** L.A. Tax, the discount is nearly cut in half.

If you're looking for a great AD, shoot me a PM and I can send you some referals.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
**** i don't know of any good clothing stores anymore lol

i would go to BLD (breakfast lunch dinner) one of my favorite casual spots, sit outside and watch the traffic go by. Also aoc is a great winebar a few doors down from south willy or down the other way is son of a gun which is great as well where you will definitely get the LA experience with the communal table and all. If you want to see hot chicks go to fred segal cafe on a saturday afternoon. Also Urth on melrose is another great cafe with some good people watching as well (and excellent pumpkin pie/pastries and tea).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads