• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***THE OFFICIAL Los Angeles Chat Thread***

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sho'Nuff and I are 714.

Tustin/Orange/Newport Beach

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by feynmix
People who live in LA need a life outside of rooting for the Lakers. I am done ******** on this thread.
you_are_gay_gtfo.jpeg
haters gonna hate. Pls go. Pio - I dont understand that video ... Any of ya'll hitting the beach or doing anything fun this weekend? Its FINALLY nice out - I was getting worried about the extended june gloom... and how about that all-star game? I went to the fan fest. i had free tickets, but for $30? eh.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Dodger shut down the American League in Angel Stadium. All is right with the world.

God, I ******* hate the Angels.

aizan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
Compton (lulz, true. Start Monday)

lucky bastard. you'll be near bludso's, honey's kettle, and lots of soul food and taco places. mom's burgers is also worth trying at least once.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Pio - I dont understand that video ...

I was planting a flag and claiming this thread as mine.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know why New Yorkers are so wound up about hating other cities.

Originally Posted by embowafa
A Dodger shut down the American League in Angel Stadium. All is right with the world.

God, I ******* hate the Angels.

Don't hate honey, cause we're raising the flag every year.

Any of ya'll hitting the beach or doing anything fun this weekend? Its FINALLY nice out - I was getting worried about the extended june gloom...

Yeah, but we're going down to Orange County, probably Huntington, because LA beaches are either tourist trap jokes or dirty as ****.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
other cities.

Don't hate honey, cause we're raising the flag every year.

The white flag.

Yeah, but we're going down to Orange County, probably Huntington, because LA beaches are either tourist trap jokes or dirty as ****.
For every Angelino that comes down to our beaches, can you please remove one inland empire dweller and send them back to their area? Thx.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
awesome thread
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
best thread eva

trolls, pls go.

This is an exclusive club - but by the looks of the map there is an empty place in Vernon you can go.

So wheres everyone live/work/play?

Me: Downtown LB / Compton (lulz, true. Start Monday) / LB or Southbay

Originally Posted by BDC2823
Sho'Nuff and I are 714.

Tustin/Orange/Newport Beach

south coast metro/torrance/south coast plaza

714 yup

scugger

Reaction score
Live / Work / Play

West Hollywood / San Diego & Bay Area / Venice, SaMo, WeHo

scugger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
dam that's a crazy commute. not only the distance but just getting out of west hollywood/LA.

Yeah, the commute is just once a week though, not every day. I used to work in Costa Mesa and stay at that South Coast Plaza Westin for almost two years, your neck of the woods.

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
from Pasadena (626) near the Rose Bowl

moving down to La Jolla in the fall for school though =/

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
Don't hate honey, cause we're raising the flag every year..

Which flag are you raising this year? The baby blue one? The one that says California? Anaheim? Los Angeles?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

LEGACY%20copy.jpg

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even though I wasn't born in L.A., my family roots here go back to the 1870s. My great-great grandfather Andy Francisco founded the Los Angeles Daily Times in 1881. It was subsequently acquired by General Otis and became the familiar LA Times. Francisco was later a Los Angeles County Supervisor. Francisco Street immediately west of downtown LA was named after him. He had property there.

My grandfather was born in L.A. and was active as an art director in the movie business from its arrival in Hollywood around 1913 until he retired ca. 1958-9. He was with noted author Willard Huntington Wright (S.S. Van Dyne) in the LA Times building the night it was blown up by trade union activists. Fortunately, they had already left before the building blew or I might never have existed. I sleep in the same bed he died in.

My mother lived most of her life in LA. She died in the same house she was born in. My grandparents built it in 1915, and it remained in the family for 85 years.

Except for my two years at Oxford and five years in Texas, most of my life has been spent in the greater LA area. Since I got back from Texas in 1973, I lived in the mid-Wilshire district from 1974 to 1988, Burbank 1988-9, Glendale 1990-94 and East Long Beach 1994-present.

I worked in downtown LA 1974-9, West Hollywood 1979-1993, Carthay Circle area 1993-9, Orange 1999-2009, Anaheim 2009-10. (I expect to retire next month.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads