1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Leather Artisans Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by KitAkira, Mar 3, 2010.

1. enarchay

enarchay Well-Known Member

Any thing specific I should ask for when it comes to inside the bag? Scott says the typical bag has the initial opening and one additional pocket. Wondering if there is anything else I should ask for in addition.

Anyone?

And for the belt, do you guys think I should go with something that'll match the majority of my shoes (e.g. my AE wingtips and loafers are chili), or just go for the natural color (since I think it looks great with denim)?

2. qed

qed Member

My belt arrived today!

[​IMG]

3. enarchay

Been in contact with Scott. I'm unsure if I should ask him to slant the flap on the messenger bag as it is pictured a few pages ago, or have the flap run straight across. What do you guys think looks better?

4. wogbog

wogbog Well-Known Member

My belt arrived today!

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae288/qedphoto/DSCN2120.jpg[IMG][/I]

I got a very similar one from b/s in the mail this week! Glad to finally have a belt I'm totally happy with.

5. pronxs

pronxs Well-Known Member

Been in contact with Scott. I'm unsure if I should ask him to slant the flap on the messenger bag as it is pictured a few pages ago, or have the flap run straight across. What do you guys think looks better?

how much did he quote you on the bag? the slant flap is more awesome.

6. enarchay

how much did he quote you on the bag? the slant flap is more awesome.

$225, but that's including two internal pockets (plus another small one for pens), one external pocket, and a handle. Hopefully he doesn't mind me quoting the price on here.

7. enigma77

enigma77 Well-Known Member

So what are you doing with the interior pockets? I'm trying to envision but having problems. Sounds intriguing!

8. enarchay

So what are you doing with the interior pockets? I'm trying to envision but having problems. Sounds intriguing!

They should be small (or should I say thin) pockets. I could use them to separate notebooks and the like from the rest of my stuff (say a laptop and books).

9. enigma77

enigma77 Well-Known Member

Hmm. Interesting. How big is this bag going to be? I'm really interested and may get something similar. I've been looking for a good medium-large-type bag for a while...

10. enarchay

Hmm. Interesting. How big is this bag going to be? I'm really interested and may get something similar. I've been looking for a good medium-large-type bag for a while...

15 x 13 I believe.

11. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

Someone wanted me to post a fit with my messenger, so I thought I'd throw it in here. I didn't even leave the house today (>90, far too hot to be outside) so I just threw on a pair of jeans and took it in the mirror [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. enarchay

That looks pretty amazing KitAkira. I made my order the other day. I'll post the pictures Scott sends me when I get them.

13. Glueeater

Glueeater Active Member

my belt arrived today: [​IMG] was not expecting anything this thick hahaha.

14. KitAkira

[​IMG] I present to you, exhibits A and B. A - underside horsehide pre-conditioning. B - underside horsehide post-conditioning. Been meaning to do this for a while since the leather looked so dry, just took a bit of Saphir shoe cream and applied it with my finger lol. Darkened the other side from an orange-brown to a darker chestnut color, still nice and uneven so it's not like a stain.

15. Sharpe

Sharpe Well-Known Member

Can't find the thread to contact unlucky.

How does one get in touch with him to commission a belt?

16. UncleSammy

UncleSammy Member

The secret code can be found at page 3, message #38.
    Be careful, the stuff is addictive!

End of message.

17. enarchay

Here are the belt and bag Scott made for me. They should be in the mail soon and hopefully I'll post some more pics later. They look excellent in the pictures, so I can't wait to see them in person. [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. mikecch

mikecch Well-Known Member

Just got a 1950-60s post bag done by Scott (a repro of faith's design), and a custom-designed belt coming too [​IMG]

19. mikecch

mikecch Well-Known Member

20. KitAkira

ooh, I really like that one.