• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Leather Artisans Appreciation Thread

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
was getting same day replies from Unlucky for a while but recently I haven't heard back in a few days now.

here's hoping for a reply soon!

rkusmant

Reaction score
I ordered belt from Unlucky a month ago, still waiting for the product.. Looks like he's been working some other things..

Guyute

Reaction score
anyone have any good resources for buckle variety?

jelly

Reaction score
getting my 2nd leather belt.

you guys will recommend corter,unlucky or zissou?

or anyone got belt from them able to post pics.

thanks

mikecch

Reaction score
Brain-tanned horsehide pouch from Scott (unlucky):
p4030114.jpg

raven37457

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn
was getting same day replies from Unlucky for a while but recently I haven't heard back in a few days now.

here's hoping for a reply soon!

I ordered 2 belts from Scott after same day replies (in January). I never heard back. I continue to contact him each month to no reply.

Also, I contacted Corter last week to no reply.

If I do not hear from either of them by the beginning of this week I am going with zissou, which I probably should have done in the first place.

mikecch

Reaction score
Mmm, I can't speak for Corter... but I do have quite regular contact with Scott (unlucky), and he gets back to me fairly quickly. I've had more than a handful of items made by Scott, never had an issue. I think with the amount of work both Corter and Unlucky has to do, and both being one-man operations, sometimes things get lost in the mail-box or spam-box. Both guys are very polite and great to deal with, just give them a little time and some gentle prodding every now and then. Also, you might want to try an alternative e-mail address on your end, as your correspondence may have been left in the spam-box...pretty much a communication black hole in that instance. P.S. Might like to try an alternative contact for Unlucky: http://dontmournorganize.com/contact

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zissou or Hollows Leather are good alternatives. Hollows got a few more exotic buckles. Both are trustworthy

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope Scott is just super busy, as it seems this happens every couple weeks, where he's backlogged with orders.

Overall, I like the craftsmanship of Scott the best so far.
Especially his super simple belts and his most complex bags, satchels, messengers.

Email me back Scott, I have some money I need to give you!

raven37457

Reaction score
I finally have belts! I want to thank Scott for everything. He was very accommodating even through my pain in the a$$ inquiries. The black is made from a black waxy harness leather which can be viewed in the blog below. I should be receiving these belts next week.

http://indigoshrimp.wordpress.com/?s...&submit=Search

DSCN2738.jpg

DSCN2741.jpg

reezy

Reaction score
I want a leather wallet that would last a while. Which leather maker would you suggest I go to? Zissou? Unlucky? Tanner?

mikecch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raven37457
I finally have belts! I want to thank Scott for everything. He was very accommodating even through my pain in the a$$ inquiries. The black is made from a black waxy harness leather which can be viewed in the blog below. I should be receiving these belts next week. http://indigoshrimp.wordpress.com/?s...&submit=Search
DSCN2738.jpg

Hey cool! I just did an update on my waxy harness belt - the grain really comes alive with a little oil and honest wear. Highly recommended for a work belt!
Originally Posted by reezy
I want a leather wallet that would last a while. Which leather maker would you suggest I go to? Zissou? Unlucky? Tanner?
I'd suggest a private craftsman if you want something truly special done.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads