1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

+++++ the official KICHI STORE thread +++++

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Dec 6, 2011.

1. uninkco

uninkco Well-Known Member

excited to know what's available out in japan.... keep us posted on your interesting finds!

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

I think beyond the obvious clothes and stuff, there's things you may not think of that are really cool here - they design everything nicely. I mean I just came from living in a place where everything was really ugly, and now I live in this country where all of the products are designed to be really cool looking.... it's actually very easy to get used to, it's easy on the soul - there is comfort in knowing that there exists a product out there to serve what needs you have or will have someday, and that they will be easy on the eyes. :eek:

For example, perhaps you need a beautifully designed air humidifier:

http://www.plusminuszero.jp/products/gallery/179

a minimalist paper and pen folder:

http://bazaaaar.com/item/mw_04.html

could go on and on, but there are definitely some nicely designed things that are relevant to anybody's interests. Certainly many things here are Japanese-y, like $250 titanium chopsticks in a carry case, but yeah if you are like me and are in search of a non-ugly humidifier or something like that, this is a boon.
    I think the Japanese have great offerings for men's bags too, since so many people here commute on trains and stuff and it's basically engrained for everybody to have a nice bag all the time.
    Beyond the obvious streetwear brand backpacks and Yoshida Head Porter stuff that you probably know about, there are nice briefcases, messenger bags, computer bags, etc from many companies. I always found it rather difficult to find a nice work bag in America but there are plenty of nice looking ones in Japan. I see people on here all the time really frustrated and willing to spend up to $500 on a messenger bag or something, and I still don't think they end up with the exact bag they're after - the men's bag market in America seems small. You guys end up going with Saddleback, Filson, or Tumi or some other brand for a work bag, because there just aren't that many choices really. I will try to focus on those and get some featured.

3. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

Any nice leather zip wallets, a la the TOJ ones?

4. impolyt_one

yeah, tons. I need to get out to Isetan to get a better update on these kinds of questions regarding other brands, but obviously there is CDG, doesn't Visvim make a zippered wallet? etc.

5. richardwallace

richardwallace Well-Known Member

hey Drew or anyone else, have you seen Padrone boots in person? are they any good? they're made in Japan and look pretty good in photos.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  6. impolyt_one

7. richardwallace

richardwallace Well-Known Member

yeah. i like the look of the back zips. haven't seen them discussed anywhere, so other people might be interested too if the quality is good.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  8. redpoppy

redpoppy Member

Who does really good quirky jewelry in japan?

9. impolyt_one

10. TheRealBillyOcean

TheRealBillyOcean Well-Known Member

Are Moto boots still maxing out at size 9.5 US or whatever? Is there anyway to get size 11 US?

Also you know of any good spots that sell Kato clothing?

11. impolyt_one

^size 11 is probably too big in Japan. I think you're right, they go up to about 9.5 or 10.

Kato is easily available, they advertise heavily in Free and Easy.

Restir sale is happening now, if you like the fashunz:

http://www.restir.com/

I have a couple packages in hand now, gotta weigh them out for an accurate shipping cost, and then I will collect payments and ship them on. First proxy shipping run. :slayer:

Magazines are available but it's not wise to buy them unless you want them shipped surface. They're just too heavy, a Japanese magazine weighs at least 500g if not almost 1kg @ 300 pages or so. Clothes weigh a lot less, usually - jeans are about 500g and outerwear goes up to about 2-3kg for the heavier stuff usually.

As it costs about $10 to get into the shipping to start with and goes up from there, you can amortize that cost by getting at least a couple items - that way you don't pay so much just to receive one item. It's more pleasant to pay $40 and open a package with two things for you (no matter how cheap or expensive they may be) than to pay $30 just for one thing, IMO :teach:

let me know if you guys need help browsing through a website or something.

12. BB1

BB1 Well-Known Member

wjk extra heavy jersey hoodies are nicer than Loopwheeler hoodies. Mine weighs about 1200 grams which is about 50% heavier.

13. impolyt_one

14. Moocow9

Moocow9 Well-Known Member

interested in some nice kitchen knifes. What kinds of things might be available?

15. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

Are there any iPhone 4S cases worth buying in Japan? I'm not talking about the cutesy food or anime ones but any well designed/constructed non-bulky cases or bumpers?

16. brokeassp

brokeassp Well-Known Member

i know I`ll end up paying a premium for butteros in japan but no choice since there isn`t really a retailer in the US that carries them.

I am looking for a b2904 cusv01 in size 40/us7.

17. impolyt_one

Well, to be honest - the ones that Japan specializes in are either sword-like or very austere tool knives - they're for specific purposes and require lots of care and proper handling. So, to that, they make a knife here for every purpose - what do you need? There are some very out-there knives....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_cutlery

I saw an anodized aluminum one that is kind of cool looking, slightly robotic. I can go pick up an iPhone magazine and see what's out there. They have accessories like that aimed at all demographics, so likely, yes.

Send me an email, we might be able to track them down used or discounted. Somebody else asked about Butteros and he wanted a size larger than they normally sell here, so they were only gonna be available through the official shop, but tons of places have your size.

18. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Need specs on lw sweatshirts if possible D.

Need one of these too dunno which color yet

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  19. impolyt_one

hoody or crew? Basic hoody was 17800Y.

size L was 23" P2P and 33" measured from the back center of the collar to the cuff, like a dress shirt.

I saw the pants there too, not sure how much they were. Can call tomorrow.