• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

+++++ the official KICHI STORE thread +++++

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ehh doesn't have to be MMM, just something sans extra distressing/weird materials/funky shapes. TBH a majority of the Guidi/Carpe/whatever else things I've seen posted are hideous to me and look handmade in a bad way. APC had a basic side zip worked that seemed OK, but heard bad things about the quality - granted it was available much cheaper (and made it to sales). I might take a chance on a random Yoox brand. If all else fails I'll give them a call.

Last edited:

510kut

Reaction score
A gyuto would be a great place to start its pretty much equivalent to a chef's knive. Unless you already have a purpose in mind for a more specific type of knife. I've bought from japanesechefknives.com before great service. I also really like these guys. http://www.watanabeblade.com/english/ I ended up getting a kurochi gyuto from them.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
japanesechefknives.com is a lot cheaper than the list prices on Hattori's site for the KD's - crazy. Almost half if you factor in fees and shipping.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what do you think of the comme ca ism/commune brand? Looking for a slim fitting blazer + some dress shirts

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ comme ca has always been very cheap, like H+M prices. They were doing super cheap fast fashion clothes before it even really exploded over the past decade. You usually don't find interesting design twists or high quality construction/fabrics at that price point, you gotta go a bit higher.
In my experience you can sometimes get passable dress shirts here in Japan for about 7,000Y if you look around and they're on sale, and maybe find a blazer for 25,000Y if on sale.

Did you guys see this? MacRumors on the Apple lucky bags they had here for New Year's, lol. I should've gone out and gotten one since they were putting MB Airs into some of theml. I thought SF would appreciate this because none of the MacRumors people knew/realized the bag itself is a Porter tote that is worth most of what the ticket cost.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1302122

chiggah

Reaction score
Drew

Can you recommend a knife for about $200 or less to fillet salmon or sharp knife to slice meat thinly ?

Last edited:

jaac

Reaction score
UC s/s 10 water print backpack grail status!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Ok so I had a crisis at the end of last week where I was looking for something very specific for my Arrowhead trip which is this weekend. We need sounds for the cabin since there is no stereo there and I checked out the apple store for possible dock/speaker solutions that were portable as **** but nothing pleased my corneal palate. I found something that I wanted and realized it was only available in japan and thought how the **** am I gonna cop this **** and have it in a week. Then it hit me, ******* Drew and Rei my transatlantic saviors who else? I shot D an email and he responded right away because well we all know dat niqqa doesn't sleep anyway and said he'd look into it. Before I knew it I had a response and an eta to him so I was ok great but can you get that **** to me by Friday (today). He said he would try since EMS basically ***** all over every other courier option. Fast forward to today, Thursday mind you, and I got it so basically 3 days to Socal plus he sent me a free pair of raf pants! Nah, those are Kelvin's which he kindly combined with my package since K's a cheapskate. Plugged it in and it's exactly what I'd hoped for, can't believe this **** even came a day early. Now I got sounds wherever I'm traveling to thanks again homie.

Service - A
Communication - A
Efficiency - A
Swag - Off da charts

Now I'm looking for more **** to cop since my cop powers have been extended to the land of the rising sun.

Last edited:

captainfunk

Reaction score

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will echo all of jet's sentiments. Drew's been a pleasure to deal with and he's very helpful.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some posters in SF (synth, jet, etc.) are some of the best writers I've known lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads