1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

*** The Official J. Crew Thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Alcibiades, Sep 29, 2013.

1. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Well-Known Member

for what it's worth the Wallace & Barnes indigo dyed Japanese Workwear shorts are a solid buy. very well built, great cut, great color, really nice material (very soft). they are vanity sized (i haven't washed mine yet so not sure about shrinkage). lots of indigo bleed to start. Sale codes work. I think I got them for 30% off a few weeks back.

Last edited: May 1, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  2. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Well-Known Member

I always see third party items on sale - just look at the "J. Crew In Good Company" link in their sale section, which is all third party vendors. Which W&B items are excluded from sales? Seems like I see a lot of their stuff marked down as well

3. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

4. mosy

mosy Well-Known Member

5. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Well-Known Member

Is Wallace & Barnes a real company or just something J. Crew made up for marketing purposes?

6. gnatty8

gnatty8 Well-Known Member

I am 99% certain it is the latter, as RRL is to Polo.

7. enigmax89k

enigmax89k Member

For those who own or have tried these, what are your thoughts? Do the quality, look, and fit justify the $288 price tag? Would love to hear your comments! Thanks!

8. Newberry

Newberry Well-Known Member

9. carloso

carloso Well-Known Member

anyone have experience with the quality of jcrew denim? im eyeing a few pairs in the 484 fit

10. mosy

mosy Well-Known Member

anyone still following this thread? do you know if the cashmere they use in their scarves is high quality?

11. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Well-Known Member

While I've been disappointed with their cashmere sweaters, the 2 cashmere scarves I've gotten from them have held up super well for over 3 years now.

12. pokpok

pokpok Well-Known Member

Just ordered a pair of the 484 garment dyed in grey and 484 black barnet wash.

The garment dyed didn't have the japanese kaihara denim label on them. The garment dyed were lighter in weight and had a slight boot-cut flare at the bottom. Not a fan of how are they drape or the color.

The black 484 were made from kaihara denim and they were much higher quality. 13.5oz denim felt quite hefty and loved how they drape. Over-dyed black wash so I think these have the potential to break in and fade quite nicely. They also don't have any sheen on them...just matte black which I was looking for.

I would give them a try if you're a fan of the 484 fit. The Kaihara fabric feels quite impressive IMO and I've tried plenty of other denim brands before.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  13. Paniolo

Paniolo Member

14. Nanob

Nanob Member

Hopefully soon. I was so desperate I bought the kenton captoe boots (alden lookalikes) at full price. Club Monaco is similar in that they rarely put their regular stuff on sale. In Canada here, shoes are usually excluded from sales as well, unless already discounted :(

15. Newberry

Sorry I'm new to blazers and know very little about them. I'm thinking about ordering a Ludlow blazer from J. Crew. My question is, would the waist feel the same on a 36S and a 36R? Or is the only difference the sleeve length and bottom length? Thanks.

16. Kensington

Kensington Well-Known Member

I've found the only difference to be in length in my experience. I'm borderline between Regular and Short and I find the short more flattering.

17. Newberry

Thanks. I'm also borderline between Short and Regular. Also I have long arms and I'm afraid that that would cause the blazer length to look to short if I get the Short but the Short actually felt better on me than the Regular. Tough..