1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The Official GANT Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Epaulet, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Minkous

Minkous Well-Known Member

Has anyone come across some good vintage Gant shirts? Ive been finding some like these over the past couple weeks but never seem to find my size. I found one vintage "Hugger" from the 1960's and put it up for sale with a high price on my Etsy and I was disappointed when someone bought it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also just wanted to show off the last pics, I love how the current collections copy the orig details like the stamping.

2. SoHoJoejoe

SoHoJoejoe Well-Known Member

I have a quick question on fit. Want to pull the trigger on a Gant Linen Blazer. Fit says "Urban", whatever that means.

I'm a 38r to a T in RLBL. 36r to a T in JCrew Ludlow. Other "slim" brands seem to vary between the two sizes. I'm ~19.25" pit to pit. Pretty skinny but have some chest, arm, shoulder muscles. Have a 38R RL Rugby jacket that fits great but arms a bit snug for example.

The size guide on Gant's site seems to be for shirts and sweaters, or their stuff fits REALLY snug in jackets.
    Anyone have any feedback on comparable fit, greatly appreciated!

3. kentpope

kentpope Well-Known Member

I am also 36R for J Crew and the Gant Rugger 46R/36R fits me about as good as can be. Not sure how close the Gant mainline would be to that but I've heard that the length is a tad longer when compared to the Rugger line.

4. ScottMC

ScottMC Well-Known Member

I'm looking at that same linen blazer from Gant, not sure if I should get the 44 or 46, but I don't expect them to last much longer at that price. It looks like the Rugger Line fits a size smaller than the regular Gant stuff. I'm still afraid of that 44 though.

5. suttonzach

suttonzach Well-Known Member

Quote:Arky - Asos.com stocks Gant Rugger and ships (for free!) to Aus.

6. suttonzach

All - if anyone knows where I can source some Gant Rugger Cordster 5-pocket cords please let me know. I bought some when I was in the US in October and regret not buying 2 or 3 more pairs - now I can't find any online or ebay... help!

7. JagsPowar

JagsPowar New Member

8. Commissioner

Commissioner Member

What size @suttonzach ?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  9. suttonzach

@Commissioner 33 ideally, though 32/34 would work

I've seen them online in Navy but that's the one color I already own and I was keen to get some other shades.

10. kentpope

kentpope Well-Known Member

Not a huge selection but there are some fairly steep discounts on Gant stuff over at East Dane. Plus an extra 25% off sale items with the code EXTRAOFF25.

http://www.eastdane.com

11. Mercuryman76

Mercuryman76 Well-Known Member

12. Fooleo

Fooleo Active Member

Can someone point me in the directon of somewhere that might have better markdowns the gant site? Some of the shirts on sale are really nice but the percentage of stuff thats sold out is [​IMG]

13. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  14. deejaysoy

deejaysoy Well-Known Member

15. thonez

thonez Well-Known Member

Just got a "Dreamy Oxford" in.... extremely disappointed. Fit is way different than my "Old Loom" oxfords despite both being hugger fit.
    Didn't realize Gant was making their hugger oxfords extra extra slim now. The buttons are a joke as well. Wish I hadn't bought this on final sale.

16. Seminole21

Seminole21 Member

Just saw this belted cardigan coming out for the Gant Rugger line. Is there anything out right now thats similar or will I have to wait?

[​IMG]

17. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

they had it in blue and grey last fall season but it sold out in small sizes pretty quick or else i would have picked it up. it was pretty thin IRL so would have looked too feminine in my opinion in certain outfits but was pretty sick in other aspects lol

no idea in availability for right now

18. Jonah Silver

Jonah Silver New Member

try calling the london gant rugger store on beak st...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  19. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

How are the sizes for Grant jackets?

XS Grant Jackets = XS Jcrew = XS banana?

20. deejaysoy

deejaysoy Well-Known Member

M = Jcrew S = Wings Horns M