1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The official EPL, Serie A, La Liga, Champions, Bundesliga world football threak!

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by nerazzurri, Feb 15, 2011.

1. chobochobo

chobochobo Well-Known Member

Oh well, congrats to Citeh. They just about deserved it, just cost half a billion pounds.

Championes, championes, ole ole ole!

2. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Good thing Balotelli came to play today. Do you think City will get rid of Tevez/Balotelli this summer? I don't see them keeping both while also having Dzeko.

Not on;y will they keep them, but they'll add a top tier striker or two (that if Tevez wants to stay). If you look at the top tier teams in Europe, which we aim to become, they have at least 4 quality strikers for the different competitions they play in. I think not having that really hurt us when we were playing 3 games every 7 days. It will keep legs fresh for the run in at the end of the season (we will be challenging for the title next year in the BPL and if the ball bounces the right way, in the CL).

Oh well, congrats to Citeh. They just about deserved it, just cost half a billion pounds.

Just about as much as Utd spent to build their squad. I can understand supporters from smaller clubs who are envious of our money, but Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool supporters are just sour grapes...they've spent what we have, if not more to attain their "lofty" status.

3. chobochobo

N

Just about as much as Utd spent to build their squad. I can understand supporters from smaller clubs who are envious of our money, but Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool supporters are just sour grapes...they've spent what we have, if not more to attain their "lofty" status.

No offence, but that's a load of b*ll*cks [​IMG]

Do the sums, and see how much United have spent since 1983, and how much Citeh have spent in the past five years.

4. NewYorkIslander

No offence, but that's a load of b*ll*cks [​IMG]

Do the sums, and see how much United have spent since 1983, and how much Citeh have spent in the past five years.

LOL, not if you adjust for inflation.

5. chobochobo

LOL, not if you adjust for inflation.

Okay then, show me the maths [​IMG]

6. Dar FTW

Dar FTW Well-Known Member

Not sure about the boots but do you actually follow soccer? Berbatov will be sold this summer if he does not renew his contract and Neuer already said he's staying in Germany and going to Bayern.
    yeah but not united gossip, you? @NYR-have you seen that program on FSC that follows those city fans? its pretty entertaining

7. clockwise

clockwise Well-Known Member

Congrats NYR and refreshing to see Man City take the cup. Would have preferred Stoke but I also have a weak spot for City since I once managed to get Rodney Marsh and Francis Lee autographs, I wasn't very big at the time. Pity about ManU and the league. [​IMG]

8. embowafa

embowafa Well-Known Member

Congrats NYR. So glad YAYA won it, of all guys.

9. NewYorkIslander

@NYR-have you seen that program on FSC that follows those city fans? its pretty entertaining

Yea, pretty good stuff. Was able to see glimpses of it before it was on FSC, glad to be able to watch the whole thing.

Congrats NYR and refreshing to see Man City take the cup. Would have preferred Stoke but I also have a weak spot for City since I once managed to get Rodney Marsh and Francis Lee autographs, I wasn't very big at the time. Pity about ManU and the league. [​IMG]

Congrats NYR. So glad YAYA won it, of all guys.

Thanks guys. Yaya is clutch.

10. chobochobo

Yes, in case it gets lost - congrats to Citeh. Except for Tevez [​IMG]

11. benecios

benecios Well-Known Member

Not on;y will they keep them, but they'll add a top tier striker or two (that if Tevez wants to stay). If you look at the top tier teams in Europe, which we aim to become, they have at least 4 quality strikers for the different competitions they play in. I think not having that really hurt us when we were playing 3 games every 7 days. It will keep legs fresh for the run in at the end of the season (we will be challenging for the title next year in the BPL and if the ball bounces the right way, in the CL).

The above statement is absolutely ridiculous, no club in the history of football has spent what those clowns have spent in the last 2 years with nothing but a tin pot cup to show for it.
    They have payed 'marquee' money for bang average players. Lescott, Milner, Dzeko, Adebayor, Robinho have all cost £24 million plus!!

12. romafan

romafan Well-Known Member

The above statement is absolutely ridiculous, no club in the history of football has spent what those clowns have spent in the last 2 years with nothing but a tin pot cup to show for it.
    They have payed 'marquee' money for bang average players. Lescott, Milner, Dzeko, Adebayor, Robinho have all cost £24 million plus!!

I won't claim to know figures, but I'm sure Madrid have come close on several occasions....

13. tullytra

tullytra Well-Known Member

Sure Dzeko didn't do anything once he got to City, but he led Bundesliga in goals the previous year. Give him the summer to adjust, and he'll do well for City next year. To say that he is average might be selling him a bit short.

14. Texasmade

Texasmade Well-Known Member

I won't claim to know figures, but I'm sure Madrid have come close on several occasions....

I would think buying Kaka and Ronaldo within a month of each other would blow away the competition unless you want to net the spending with the sales made to make room for them.

15. embowafa

16. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Yes, it's bad... But can you get more gaudy than this for Madrid?

[​IMG]

This promo shot was released in Marca a few weeks ago. Bleh. I was actually pretty parcial to the white and blue thing they had going this year.

17. embowafa

Can't really fault RM (and Adidas) for tweaking the details on the kit here and there every year. It's pretty hard to re-invent the wheel, and sell boatloads of jerseys, when the team is known for wearing all white.

Barcelona's, on the other hand, is a bag of WTF. I've come to accept the economics of the shirt sponsor, but what's the deal with those variable width stripes and why keep UNICEF and put it in on the ass?? So dumb.

18. chobochobo

There's nothing wrong per se with spending the money, there's just no point in denying it [​IMG]

United were once big spenders, though to me that was slightly different as it was mostly due to the profitability of the club/ company as a whole rather than wholesale cash injections from rich owners or slightly dodgy loans. To me, there was an element of 'Monopoly' to being a success in football, ie you built up your 'empire' slowly and steadily moulding your team, improving your stadium and selling your merchandise to fans, rather than relying on the community chest to give you hundreds of millions. But I guess football has changed.

19. fwiffo

fwiffo Well-Known Member

I'm sure Arsenal supporters are happy with the steady as she goes approach.

20. chobochobo

I'm sure Arsenal supporters are happy with the steady as she goes approach.

LOL, to be honest, I think Wenger's done a decent job. But he does need to take it to the next level with some key transfers, not that I want him to improve the team [​IMG]