1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Razele, Apr 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. sockpuppets

sockpuppets Well-Known Member

Hmm... according to this thread that particular shoe fits a little big/wide, so it sounds maybe like a US 11 D...?
    12 3/16 inches is too short for a US11. A typical US11 boot is about 12 3/4. Go trace both your feet on paper with the pencil kept vertical, if both are under 10.75" (and over 10") in length and under 4" in width at the widest point they will probably fit.

2. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Well-Known Member

It's probably UK sized.

# Marked Size: 10E, as pictured
    # Outer Sole Length: 12 3/16 inches
    # Insole Length: 11 7/8 inches
    # Outer Sole Width: 4.25 inches

That's about a 10.5 US C.

You're good. Are you just really close to that and know your own size well or do you work with footwear?

3. sockpuppets

You're good. Are you just really close to that and know your own size well or do you work with footwear?
    Thanks. I am a US11E. I had to learn all this because I was buying shoes on the internet and started landing ones that didn't fit. Trying to size yourself to a shoe you can't touch until you buy it is difficult; both of your feet could be differently sized by a wide margin, not to mention you're taking a two dimensional reading on what is ultimately a three dimensional problem. Depending on the last, the materials and the shape of the shoe it still may not fit. My advice will give you nothing more than a ballpark unfortunately. The trace method is a hack, you should really get to a footwear store and stand on a brannock device to get the measurements for your arch and better figures for the rest. Even then those figures are only good for narrowing down what your size is as all shoes are different and will not fit the same.. I think all shoes are a compromise unless you have unusually D sized uniform feet or you go bespoke.

4. sockpuppets

Oh and there's a contradiction going on in the width if it's stamped an E but measured at 4.25. edit: Photoshopping the sole photo to 12 3/16th inches makes the width 4.264 inches wide, so their measurements are probably pretty close. The shoe is slightly off axis in the photo though. I'd have to stage my boot flush and then as this one is pictured to get a percentage of error, if it's even 5% then the boot rapidly becomes a D at 4.477 inches. Ask the seller to remeasure it if you could. [​IMG]

5. richardwallace

richardwallace Well-Known Member

Oh and there's a contradiction going on in the width if it's stamped an E but measured at 4.25.
    UK E width is narrow... the US equivalent is C width... 10.5 C is the correct US size

6. richardwallace

richardwallace Well-Known Member

frye brando (rand) engineer boots (made in USA) for $62.99 ($69.99 - sign up to newsletter to get 10% off first order) + shipping: [​IMG] http://www.infinityshoes.com/Frye-Br...ineer-167.html (ps. i'm looking for the black lace up version, size 10 or 10.5 if anyone wants to sell)

7. Khal

Khal New Member

8. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

9. sockpuppets

UK E width is narrow... the US equivalent is C width... 10.5 C is the correct US size

Mystery solved, I did not know that. Thanks.

10. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

11. sockpuppets

Love how he admits he's worn it 10 times but lists it as NWOT [​IMG]

Not Worn Often Though?

12. Binker

Binker Well-Known Member

13. acl1

acl1 Well-Known Member

For small sizes: http://cgi.ebay.com/ROBERT-GELLER-PE...-/260652322739
    Great self-promotion and reserve. I think he admitted to wanting to make money off of this on sufu and maybe here. don't really see why you can't pass off a great deal.

14. ubc121

ubc121 Well-Known Member

15. mondayc

mondayc Well-Known Member

16. hboogz

hboogz Well-Known Member

Big Boys Stand Up! I'm not quite feeling the collar, but this jacket is a rare gem. A shame it's to big...

17. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

^Terrible,

^^Sick.

18. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

19. dtmt

dtmt Well-Known Member

^ It looks like a strip of beef jerky

20. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member