• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Dior Homme Thread***

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

...By the way can somebody help me with the top (jacket and shirt) sizing? I wear a regular EU46 / US36 (1m74 for 64 kg). Will a size EU46 Dior jacket fit me, given how very slim they seem to fit? or is there a difference between KVA and Hedi eras when it comes to sizing? 
How about shirts? (i already own a Dior T-shirt, size "S" and it fits fine, i'm just not sure about jackets and shirts) size 38?

EU46 will fit you fine. I used to wear 46 and was exactly your weight, I trimmed down about 10 pounds (but am a couple inches shorter than you), and went to a 44.

The whole Dior skinny thing is way overblown. Here's a tip though, look for the contemporary cut suits. If it says 46R on the tag than it is a new cut which is more full bodied, and will not look good on your frame. You need the contemporary cut in 46. it'll look great on you, just maybe get the suit jacket shortened a touch, the sleeves taken up as needed (from the shoulder), and the pant legs slimmed. The suit top has not changed since the Hedi days, although the pants are wider (again, not an issue for you but just in case).

Shirting is trickier, but worth it, since Dior shirts are outstanding quality wise. You're probably a 38 in Dior sizing. I have a feeling the 37 would be too tight in the shoulders for you and you would not be able to close the top button. You'll probably need to get them trimmed up in the arms and body, as they tend to have a touch of extra fabric.

Last edited:

Moonchild

Reaction score
Many thanx 4 your help, SG, I appreciate your help, good to exchange with a passionate fellow ;)
And the tips regarding the 46/46R comparison is a plus. I'm asking because a guy is selling a Dior jacket and shirt on the French equivalent of Craiglist, and as I already own a Kris Van Assche suit and a blazer, I find his EU46 jacket perfect on my shoulders and my chest, but they're too long (same for the sleeves), so I was afraid he used the same 'model' for his Dior sizing. Your tip definitely helps! Will check again.
And shirt size 38 is definitely an "s", right?
BTW, DH FW 2014 is wonderful ! I read it was an homage to sir Christian Dior himself. The designs are more "classic" but in a very good way. This is definitely my favorite KVA collection for DH, along SS 2012 (with the predominant white/cream color).
KVA is one of my favorite designers right now, but to me, his collection always gave me the feeling he was still "shy" about bringing his touch, his fingerprint on the DH collection. That's why it was a surprise when I saw his (almost) all white SS2012 collection. And the FW 2014... Beautiful! As a French reviewer said, KVA is beginning to make the Hedi fans forget about their "idol", and turning "Dior Homme" into "l'Homme Dior"...
Does anybody know if DH made more or less money with KVA or Hedi collection? I'm curious to see how the buyers reacted to the different designers...

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting post. The F/W 2014 collection was well received here, at least that's what I have heard. I agree it is my favorite collection from KVA. Those suits, wow! The current S/S collection is a little too Miami for me. :)

38 is shirting is "S". It would be 15 in American sizing. I wear 37, or XS, 14.5.

ShinyDuke

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any preview for jeans of AW14? Also, usually I am a 27 in Dior 19cm cut, if I were to get 17.5 cuts, should I size up? Thanks!

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Has anyone seen any preview for jeans of AW14? Also, usually I am a 27 in Dior 19cm cut, if I were to get 17.5 cuts, should I size up? Thanks!

I've seen one. It is a light brown color, almost dark khaki, MII, not sure which cut but I would guess 19cm.

I wear 28 in 19cm or 17.5cm cut. I don't think the waist size or thighs are different, it's only the leg opening and back rise IIRC (.5" higher in 19 cm cut).

The SoHo store in NYC is receiving the first A/W14 pieces next week, so they could maybe send you a picture if you're interested and based out of Australia.

Last edited:

ShinyDuke

Reaction score
I've seen one. It is a light brown color, almost dark khaki, MII, not sure which cut but I would guess 19cm.

I wear 28 in 19cm or 17.5cm cut. I don't think the waist size or thighs are different, it's only the leg opening and back rise IIRC (.5" higher in 19 cm cut).

The SoHo store in NYC is receiving the first A/W14 pieces next week, so they could maybe send you a picture if you're interested and based out of Australia.
I see. I wonder if the Dior boutique here is going to have any AW14 pieces soon. I plan on going on Wednesday to cop a pair of blue jeans. Do you have any experience with the current season blue jeans?

AliWong

Reaction score
Hi there, quite new to the forum and a big fan of how Dior Homme blazers are cut. I'm 18 and am looking at buying a dior homme blazer online and have been wondering what size to purchase due to the slim cut. I always thought that I was a eu46, but upon measuring myself I found my measurements aligning with that of an eu48? (In terms of purely chest size at least)

I looked online that most suits are cut with a 6inch drop from chest to waist but my measurements are:

Chest: 38 inches
Waist: 29.5inches
Circumference of Torso (I.e. overarm - chest+shoulders) : 44inches

at 5ft9 and 66kgs

I dont know how relevant the 'drop' is as I am only interested in a blazer and dont know if that is factored into how the suit is cut.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

- Thanks

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hi there, quite new to the forum and a big fan of how Dior Homme blazers are cut. I'm 18 and am looking at buying a dior homme blazer online and have been wondering what size to purchase due to the slim cut. I always thought that I was a eu46, but upon measuring myself I found my measurements aligning with that of an eu48? (In terms of purely chest size at least)

I looked online that most suits are cut with a 6inch drop from chest to waist but my measurements are:

Chest: 38 inches
Waist: 29.5inches
Circumference of Torso (I.e. overarm - chest+shoulders) : 44inches

at 5ft9 and 66kgs 

I dont know how relevant the 'drop' is as I am only interested in a blazer and dont know if that is factored into how the suit is cut.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

- Thanks

I hate to say it but you're probably more if a 48 with some alterations to take the body in and maybe a half inch off the length.

I say hate to say it because the 46 would look better for now but you're right in between and if you grown even a little more the blazer may pull in places and be too tight on the shoulders.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I see. I wonder if the Dior boutique here is going to have any AW14 pieces soon. I plan on going on Wednesday to cop a pair of blue jeans. Do you have any experience with the current season blue jeans?

No sorry. How'd it go?

AliWong

Reaction score
I hate to say it but you're probably more if a 48 with some alterations to take the body in and maybe a half inch off the length.

I say hate to say it because the 46 would look better for now but you're right in between and if you grown even a little more the blazer may pull in places and be too tight on the shoulders.

Thanks for the help!
I dont think i'd want to get it altered as i'm always too worried it'll come out badly. I found a blazer form ss10 with measurements of s2s:16.5" and p2p 19.5" so figured that would fit but it sounded quite big for a eu46. I guess i'll just pass and wait till I totally finish growing, which is a shame...

Ah well, someday

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it helps, you should have no problem selling a 46 Dior blazer if you end up growing out of it. That's the most popular size.

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If your chest is 38 inch w/o shirt on 19.5inch would probably be tight if you button it down wearing more than just a tee. Then again it depends since its a little down of you actual chest. it that makes sense/

Last edited:

hooya2

Reaction score
selling these dior dova(?) 17cm jeans in size 30. fits tight. http://www.styleforum.net/t/387602/dior-jeans-17cm-size-30-dova-made-in-japan

kmert

Reaction score
I'm looking for MIJ 17.5 raw in BLACK, sz 31 and new.

If anybody was able to obtain this model recently, can you point me out how?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads