1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Common Projects Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by InHocSignio, Jul 20, 2013.

1. seraphm2

seraphm2 Well-Known Member

Last time I ordered tan chelseas from End I got hit with $100 in fees but it still worked out to well under retail since most Canadian retailers charge around 700-800 for the Chelsea's.

2. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Well-Known Member

any sizing advice for Wings+Horns hi-tops compared to CP Achilles? I'm a 43 in the lows and mids, and a 42 in the Bballs

3. 1up

1up Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks! Did you size your Chelseas the same as achilles? 10% off with a new signup, might as well just pull the trigger on these! Wanted a pair for a while and the new tobacco colorway is awesome.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  4. seraphm2

seraphm2 Well-Known Member

Yup, I sized the same as my Achilles lows. I pulled the trigger as well, won't find a better price in Canada.

5. 1up

1up Well-Known Member

Congrats! I'm stoked to get em. It looks like stock is going fast for most sizes too. Glad I got a 42.

They actually seem like a really cheap pricepoint compared to other websites and grailed.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  6. 212-555-6342

212-555-6342 Member

7. Roygbivuxg

Roygbivuxg Well-Known Member

that's just bizarre. Those look like standard white achilles. The last pic even has the right code :eh:

8. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Well-Known Member

These are the ultra rare "2009" edition.

9. 212-555-6342

212-555-6342 Member

@ike_hiking_boots Meaning...? What is the difference compared to the standard model?

Thanks!

10. chiggyv

chiggyv Well-Known Member

Would I take the same size in Retro lows as Tournament highs? I'm a 45 in Retros, but quite certain I'd be a 46 in Achilles lows.

11. 212-555-6342

212-555-6342 Member

Anyone?

12. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Should we call or post with the info?

3 people like this.
  13. 1up

1up Well-Known Member

Anyone successfully replaced the crepe sole on CP Chelsea boots? Is it an expensive process?

14. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Replaced it with what? Another crepe?
    I have an old pair that needs resoling I just don't know if I want another crepe or if I want to put a lug sole on them.
    A friend mine bought them and had the crepe replaced with vibram commando sole before he even wore them and iirc it was close to $150. He told me they left a few mil of the crepe and "hardened it" before attaching the vibram. Whatever that means.

15. 1up

1up Well-Known Member

Yes I was referring to another crepe - I'm not too familiar with the capabilities of a cobbler, so I didn't know that switching out to another sole (lug) is a possibility. That would be pretty cool though.

$150 is costly, however!

16. 1up

1up Well-Known Member

This is after one or two wears and a few km of walking.

I think I should get a heel or topy put on.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Roygbivuxg

Roygbivuxg Well-Known Member

I think you'll be ok. I have a pair of derbies I was considering topying cuz of the quick wear I noticed on the heel but I never did. Turns out initially the wear is heavy but the crepe doesnt fall off in chunks too much, it just compresses, so after a certain amount of time you don't see as much wear progression as initially. Unless the crepe is substantially less dense on those (havn't had a chance to handle a pair myself :/) i wouldn't worry about it.

18. chaney1

chaney1 Well-Known Member

Anyone know where i can purchase the tournament high-tops in black or waxed black in a 43? Seemed to be sold out everywhere...

19. 1up

1up Well-Known Member

That's great input, thanks very much.

20. melihu

melihu New Member

What's the general consensus on CP slip ons? I'm considering buying a pair, but not sure how much I'd wear them/how versatile they are (in comparison to achilles).