1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Common Projects Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by InHocSignio, Jul 20, 2013.

1. jlchau

jlchau Well-Known Member

1897 is the chelsea code (at least for this season), the last 4 digits are the color code.

2. Enigma1

Enigma1 Well-Known Member

I have four pairs in coming, both tan and "khaki". I'll post pics as soon as they arrive. The Khaki in barneys are 1851/0241. It seems 0241 is indeed darker across all models whereas sand/tan seems as it varies. I hear FW16 colorways are green, maroon, and the blue Robert Geller collab. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  3. melonadejello

melonadejello Well-Known Member

No the RG is a side zip with a leather sole

4. Enigma1

Available anywhere currently in 41-42, or awaiting arrival? Thanks for the clarification.

5. melonadejello

melonadejello Well-Known Member

Not out yet, there will be navy, dark grey, and sand. Different sand than the chelsea though haha

6. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

No they are not out yet. Last year the arrived late August/early September. And the colours are black/dark grey, midnight/navy and sand.

7. Enigma1

Does anyone use "Boot trees" vs shoe trees in their boots? Ive been experiencing issues with the top of the foot section of the boot isn't filled out as the CP fit is long/narrow and one must go down in shoe tree size to accommodate the CP fit. Im wondering if the boot trees help, or of adding some paper stuffing above is best. It seems the only brand that makes boot trees (taller on the top I suppose) is Woodlore. http://www.woodlore.com/shoe-trees-inserts/mens-cedar-shoe-trees/mens-cedar-boot-tree-pair/

* I just saw the site has 25% off through July 15th. Definitely a good buy if anyone is looking for cedar boot/shoe trees at a great discount, I have 8 pairs of their shoe trees and haven't seen 25% off yet.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  8. wakiem

wakiem Well-Known Member

Are there CP derbies out there with completely black sole (as opposed to the more grey-ish I saw in some online stores)? Like pictured below. Or is it just the filter that makes it look black?

[​IMG]

9. cphead

cphead Member

There was a cadet derby at some point with black sole. The ones in your picture are more of a dark brown irl.

10. OccultaVexillum

I just realized I have 10 pairs of CP's and now I feel super fucking sad about my life choices.

6 people like this.
  11. kennethj

kennethj Well-Known Member

Haha I feel the same way about my sneaker collect. But then you pick up a few pairs and look at them and realize how beautiful they are and the regret fades away.

12. ebayhtl

ebayhtl Well-Known Member

Ah you're all good man (unless they are all in the same colour...)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  13. whorishconsumer

whorishconsumer Well-Known Member

I currently have 4 pairs - all in white.

NORMCORE.

1 person likes this.
  14. OccultaVexillum

Mostly different colours but still, and actually it's 11 pairs so even worse.

White Achilles low
    Beige bball lows
    Black bball lows
    White bball highs
    Black derby shines
    Tan chelseas
    Black leather combat boots
    Tan Geller side zips
    Taupe Geller Bballs
    Black Geller zip derby
    Black suede Geller strap derby

1 person likes this.
  15. jlchau

jlchau Well-Known Member

It's not any different from people have that many pairs of Vibergs (I have 9) or Aldens.

16. Enigma1

In regards to the previous post about 4 white pairs, I have 3 white, 2 grey and just bought another grey as the price was simply too good to pass up. Especially since stock on discounted Grey Low's seems to be scarce.

Grey Achilles low (1528/7543) on sale in sizes 41 and 42 for $290! *Last ones left at time of posting*

http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/low-tops-trainers_cod44795091xm.html

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  17. Darkside

Darkside Well-Known Member

I'm a 12 Brannock as well. 12 in New Balance, but 12.5 in Nike. What size are you in the Achilles lows?

Edit: Nevermind. I read a few pages back and see that you take 44 in both and all your comments on length vs. width. I ordered 45s, and will go from there.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  18. OccultaVexillum

Also 44. I remember them being really tight and uncomfortable at the beginning but the 45's were just way too long, my current lows are about 3 years old so they've worn in really well though

19. mykoh

mykoh Well-Known Member

hi everyone, was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on which i should go for?

[​IMG] vs [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  20. Enigma1

Any issues with wiping Achilles after each use with Jason markk wipes? I know the paint comes off easily so in a by concerned on caring for w new pair of white low's.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016