1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Common Projects Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by InHocSignio, Jul 20, 2013.

1. mykoh

mykoh Well-Known Member

Thinking of getting the waxed canvas tournament highs that are on sale at the moment, but I can't decide between a 39 or 40. I wear an 8.5 in most Nikes (Flyknits & Roshes) and 40 in Zara shoes. Any advice?

Also, should I just save my money for leather CPs instead?

2. nomalas

nomalas Member

I would get a 40 if your feet aren't too wide

3. RK10

RK10 Member

I think a 40 would be perfect for you.
    I forgot to respond to the guy that recommended me a 39 but I followed his advice and they turned out perfect; both size-wise and the shoe in general - my favorite shoe by far. :)
    I wear a 7.5 US in my Nike Jordan and 7.5 US as well in a pair of Adidas, so I agree with nomalas, I think a 40 would be good.

4. absolutelyl

absolutelyl Active Member

5. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Last season fit the same as usual CP's. I assume it would be the same this season.
    They are standard CP silhouette/design, As far as I know just the materials/colours are different (chosen by Geller).

1 person likes this.
  6. sinefine

sinefine Active Member

Does anyone know how the size and width of CP derby shines runs compared to achilles low? I feel that CP achilles low are narrow because of thick leather. I usually wear 9-9.5 and I liked size 43 on achilles. Id rather have it long than tight on my feet. Which size should i get for derby shines?

7. dan138zig

dan138zig Well-Known Member

before pulling the trigger on achilles mid black from frans boone, can anyone please give me some reasons why I should not and why I should? I know that sounds silly but this would be my first $400 purchase on a clothing item :/

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  8. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

why not lows, and why not the ones with contrasting upper and soles instead of all black?

9. mrblueblue

mrblueblue Active Member

From my experience, they both are pretty narrow. The derby shines do feel slightly larger than the achilles low. Nonetheless, I'm pretty sure your derby size will be the same as your achilles size.

I have wide feet too, and I find that it is better to size up in CP. I wear 10E's in Alden, 9.5 UK in Trickers and Viberg. CP size 44 fit me the best. They are slightly long, but still comfortable. 43's are too tight.

10. dan138zig

Basically I currently don't have a matching pair for my black and grey jeans and I imagine the mid black would fit the bill nicely. I choose mid and all black because I'm impressed by pics of people with black on black look, almost like a derivative of "goth-ninja". They usually wear black boots but I don't want something too "serious" like boots so I guess the achilles mid black hits a perfect balance, with which I can dress up or dress down.

11. absolutelyl

I think you answered your question there haha probably depends on whether you'd be willing to spend $400 and the a/m reasons. I always try to wait for sales if I'm not desperately bored or anything

1 person likes this.
  12. absolutelyl

i meant 'on' not 'and'

13. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

nobody spends 4 bills on black mids.

14. Kvc06

Kvc06 Well-Known Member

Any size 40's out there? I have access to brand new gray achilles for $160+tax. I would proxy them for free given they are actually for you and not for resale.

No - I can not get any other sizes. They don't come with a box. They are the plain gray non seasonal leather version.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  15. dan138zig

well it's actually $350 from frans boone. shipping makes it near $400 though.

16. zgsoccer3

zgsoccer3 New Member

interested. shoot me a pm

17. dan138zig

why don't they make low black canvas anymore? sells were low or what?

18. Piqued

Piqued Member

19. dan138zig

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  20. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

wat

Are those the low vintage grey suedes? Unless chatsubo offers to pay for return shipping and give me a huge discount or something I'm gonna sell these. EU 44.