1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Common Projects Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by InHocSignio, Jul 20, 2013.

1. NikeOG

NikeOG Well-Known Member

imo, those CP can be worn with washed "dad" jeans or black jeans as well... they're a sleeper for sure.

2. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Well-Known Member

So I'm having a pretty hard time finding the standard Achilles lows in 39 (I am US 7.5 generally, and it seems like 39 would work best for me; 40 might be a slightly looser fit and I hope to wear these with no-show socks in summer).

Ideally I'd like one of the vintage releases, but it's difficult finding even the normal ones at a not-outrageous price. Thinking of ordering from Frans Boone which comes to around $280. But hesitating because I don't know what to expect in terms of customs. Any advice on how much I might expect to pay there?

3. Dylanrash

Dylanrash New Member

Hi, can anyone help me with a L/c on these CPs please? I think they look ok to me but the stitching on the counter seems a bit off or is it just manufactury defect? More photos in spoiler. Thanks in advance

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. kastiaserak

kastiaserak Member

Hey! I'm actually in the same boat as you, a size 39. Checked out Frans Boone and they actually stock alot of size 39s haha, just wanted to say thanks!

5. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Well-Known Member

No problem, glad you found a good source. Frans Boone does stock perhaps the widest range of sizes. If you do end up purchasing from there and are based in the US, please update to note whether you were hit with customs/fees, and how much.

6. CookieFlow

CookieFlow Member

Hey !

So I bought my first pair of Achilles low a couple of months ago (women's model in beige), I was really worried about how narrow they were but they stretched out very fast just wearing them inside the house and now feel pretty comfortable but they are still about a half size too long.
    I just bought some CP Chelsea boots in the same size 42 but they feel even longer than the CP low and I would say they feel like 3/4 size too long (about the width of a thumb). They were very tight also on the sides but feel better already just wearing them for 10 minutes or so.

Is it normal to not get super close to the toe-box on this model? A 41 in Achilles low doesn't seem possible, but it might be doable for the Chelsea? I don't see many people going down 2 full sizes, I wear a 10 in Nike and 9.5 in Adidas and most people seem to go with a 42 in CP.

And it's kind of a mess since Chelsea boots are selling out in minutes, I would have to wait another season to get them... I really wish they made half sizes. I just don't want to return my 42's, wait x months to buy a 41 and realize they are not wearable and have to wait again to repurchase a 42...

Thanks !

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  7. ambyance

ambyance Well-Known Member

@CookieFlow
    yea, CP really needs to make half sizes at this point with all the shoes they are selling

try looking for alternatives that will fit you better.
    i know there are quite a few that make chelseas so GL mate.
    i came across this brand on instagram but idk if its any good
    http://www.orolosangeles.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

8. CookieFlow

CookieFlow Member

Yeah I might try to give another brand a go or just rock these even though I don't like wearing shoes that are too big :-/ at least it doesn't feel too bad on the foot, I really notice when sneakers are too long but on these boots it's not too noticeable.

9. masshi

masshi Well-Known Member

i think cp's fit long for most people just due to their design (long and narrow), so don't worry about it

the width is what you should judge your correct size by

10. sciphiyem

sciphiyem Well-Known Member

check out Greats. They are kind of CP knock-off designs, but they have half sizes, and are a bit more padded than CP

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  11. CookieFlow

CookieFlow Member

Thanks for the replies !
    I am not a big fan of buying "secondary" brands, these CP are decently priced compared to SLP and others...
    I looked at some Youtube reviews, all of them had quite some room left in the toebox, confirms what you are saying.

I guess that's just the design...

12. GTFan712

GTFan712 Well-Known Member

13. pantheist

pantheist Well-Known Member

Waiting for these blush Achilles to stock somewhere other than End. Sold out in my size quickly.

14. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Well-Known Member

is there an official list of CP colours?

Archiles appear come in an array of off-whites and the stores seem to have different descriptions for the shades of white. there now appears to be a warmer white in the collection.

15. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Well-Known Member

The ss16 lookbook shows them all for this season but I am on my phone and can't find the album off Reddit mfa that includes the names. They do have an offwhite that I want bad.

16. orlylow

orlylow Well-Known Member

Anyone knows if its possible to get a pair of CP insoles? Or if not, what other brands have a similar fit?

17. swishbig

swishbig Member

I just bought a pair of all black Common Projects Achilles Low in size 39. I am usually a size 8.5 in Nikes. When I was buying them, I was able to try on both a size 39 and 40. The 40 seemed just right but was pretty roomy at the toe whereas the 39 was very snug but the toe room was perfect. I decided to wear them for the first time today, and it was fine for about an hour or so and then the sides of my feet and heel started to hurt. I decided to ignore it but after awhile the back of my ankle/achilles started to constantly rub against the back of the shoe to the point where it started to bleed a little. Did I buy the wrong size? I wanted a snug fit because I hear that the leather stretches quite a bit and that eventually it will be comfortable. Do you think I should continue to try and stretch it out or try and exchange the shoe for a size 40? Also, I was wearing really thin no-show socks so that's why my skin was rubbing against the shoe.

18. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, @swishbig . Moved your post over here where you'll get more feedback. Best of luck.

19. pantheist

pantheist Well-Known Member

nah they are fine. if the toe box is fine you're good. try to work the leather a little bit with your hands. I bent mine outwards so it doesnt dig into my achilles. i wear em without socks with no issues.

20. swishbig

swishbig Member

What would you say is a good amount to have in the toe box? There's around 3/4 of an inch room for me. I'm beginning to think that might be too small?