1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Carmina Sizing Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Mar 5, 2012.

1. EBugatti

EBugatti Well-Known Member

So I am:

US 9.5D

CJ 337 8.5E (perfect)
    CJ 348 8.5E in Hallam (quite snug but doable) 9E in Lowndes (slightly loose, but 8.5E is way too tight)

Carmina Simpson?

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

You are my size - and an 8.5 in Simpson. It'll be a bit snug, but will break in perfectly.

3. EBugatti

EBugatti Well-Known Member

Right, I realize I've asked you this before. What worries me is that I can't even fit my foot in a 8.5E Lowndes (348). Have you ever tried on the Lowndes in an 8.5? How does the 348 last fit your foot? On the snug side or comfortable? Thanks again for all your help!

4. SpooPoker

The next time I charge you :laugh:

I have not tried on a Lowndes, but a 9 in the Simpson last fell of my foot.

5. Liquidus

Liquidus Well-Known Member

You're either going to be a 8.5 or 9. It's impossible to know for sure without trying both on.

6. Deedee

Deedee Well-Known Member

Can someone give advice on sizing of robert last. I am a 42,5 in the Vass New Peter last.

7. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Guys, 9uk in c&j 341 what size alcudia?

Also does carmina use uk sizing on their site?

Tenks.

8. bullswin

bullswin Well-Known Member

^ Yes, the sizes on Carmina's site are UK.

I don't have experience with P2 or 341, but I'll say that both Robert and Alcudia run tts in my experience. Robert has a healthy/medium amount of room in the heel & lacing areas. Alcudia is narrower in those areas, but it's a tiny bit more elongated in the toe box, so the overall fit seems tts.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. Bmeliamb

Bmeliamb Well-Known Member

I'm looking to step up my game - I got smart about 18 months ago when I started lurking on this site. I moved up from poorly construsted and ugly black square toed shoes to a collection of 5 Allen Edmonds that I rotate. I think I'm ready for the next step but the sizing difference is terrifying. With AE, I was able to try them on a local store but that's about as far as I can go in this town. My size is 9EEE in AE and that still leaves a pretty significant V on the 5 last. Does anyone have any idea what they best way to approach my first Carmina purchase? I'm thinking that I'm certainly going to purchase something on the rain last because that's the widest but maybe I should size up a 1/2 size.

10. Renton

Renton Well-Known Member

My only pair of AEs is on the 5 last and I wear a 10.5 EEE. When it comes to Carmina, the only last that is available in EE and EEE is the Forest, but that's mto only. After trying a size 10 from Epaulet, I decided to try a 10EEE Forest last as a mto. We'll see how that works out when the shoes get here next month.

Long story short, if you've got a wide foot, good luck.

11. Understatement

Understatement Well-Known Member

I really like the Carmina Monks in the Inca Last but I'm not sure about my size. My feet are 26,5 cm long, but have wide feet and a high instep. I have some experiences with Edward Green, although it was really difficult to find some EGs that fit me well. I have a 8 E in the EG Farringdon. With the Slip Ons Belgravia apparently I have a 8F, the 7 1/2 F fit me in the width but was too short I think, as I dont know how much they would break in and strech a little bit. With the EG Monks Westminster I tried the 8E, which fit good at the foot itself but I could hardly close the Buckle on the last hole. So I didnt buy them.
    I like my shoes tight fitted.

Could you help me with the size and give a suggestion?

Do you have any futher questions?

12. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Anyone else? If someone has a 9uk alcudia could you provide the outsole measurement? Yes I know about the measurement not being the end all.

13. huskyzealot

huskyzealot Well-Known Member

curious...did you mean to say a 42 in the F last here? seems odd to me that you'd say a 43 U last fits, but 42 U last is perfect...i generally wouldn't consider shoes +/- a full size from each other to both work out.

i know this is a carmina thread, but i'm trying to use some of the data points here to back into my correct vass F size. thanks.

14. SpooPoker

I did mean that. 42 in F, 42.5 in U.

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

Could someone with experience with the Robert last comment on fit? Specifically with regards to boot fit?

Me:

EG 888 11.5uk
    JL 8695 11uk
    C&J 341 11uk
    C&J 337 11uk
    Alden Barrie 11.5d

Thanks

16. heidegger

heidegger Well-Known Member

Sorry if this has been answered here, didn't see it initially.

US 9D Allen Edmonds Park Avenue is what size in Carmina rain last?

17. taxgenius

taxgenius Well-Known Member

I gather it would be 8UK.

18. kgmessier

kgmessier Well-Known Member

This is interesting, as I found myself in the same situation with my Inca-lasted double monks: They feel like they're slightly big in the heel, especially on the right shoe. After wearing them for a couple hours, the slippage did diminish. If there's any more slippage at all following a full day's wear, I'll probably add a thin insert per bdeuce's suggestion.

Diglett, after having these for a couple weeks now, how do you find them to fit?

Oh, and for the record, I'm a spot-on 9E on the AE 5 last and went with 8UK for the Inca.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  19. jet

jet Well-Known Member

People with 9 or 9.5uk alcudia lasted shoes can you provide outsole measurement?

Kind thanks.

20. EngProf

EngProf Well-Known Member

Am contemplating boots and am torn between the Alcudia calf perf-tip and the Soller shell cap-toe. Best fitting shoes I own are Aldens on Hampton last in 7.5D, Barrie lasted 7D's, and C&J 6.5E on the 325 last. I also do well in AE PAs in 7.5D and Alden Aberdeens in 7E.

C&J Bradford in a 7E (341 last) is a bit too wide.

Carmina Sollers 6.5? Alcudia 7?