• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just moved to Nantucket for a new job and live two minutes away from Cisco Brewery. Some pretty solid beers. Have to say their Indie Pale Ale is my favorite so dar.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I envy you getting to live on Nantucket. RE: Cisco, you gotta try their Lady of the Woods series especially Peschish Woods, one of my favorite beers

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea its gonna be nice once things start opening up and the weather gets warmer but right now there is not anything to do but drink. I was looking at that lady of the woods series when I was there the other night and am definitely going to give them all a try along with some of the other rarities I saw.

Also on the drive up here I stopped in Deleware to visit the Dogfish Head Brewpub for a bite to eat and a drink. Tried the Johnny Cask 75min. Was delicious. Also picked up some bottles of 120min IPA and some of their Vodka to try.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just moved to Nantucket for a new job and live two minutes away from Cisco Brewery. Some pretty solid beers. Have to say their Indie Pale Ale is my favorite so dar.

cisco red - it's the color and the flavor

head shot

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ordered 80 bucks worth of homebrew stuff even though the bottles from my first batch aren't even carbonated yet.

Figure this batch isn't going to be good (****** ingredients + intentionally copying a ****** style of beer = ****** beer), so I want to try again with something better.

Ordered a well reviewed ingredient kit for a full size 5gal setup--apparently you can just halve the recipe and overfill the Mr Beer to 2.4gal and make two batches. Also picked up my own capper, extra yeast for the second batch, priming sugar, caps, a bottle filler and a fancier kind of sanitizer.

When those two batches are done, my average cost per beer will have dropped to about $1.25-1.50....with each additional ~$30 ingredient kit making 45-50 beers

Last edited:

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two of my favorites tonight. Ballast Point Sculpin IPA and Lakewood Brewing Temptress.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had stone enjoy by today. Was the best ipa I've tried in a long time. Buy some if you see some

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the Iron Throne Ale today. Not generally a fan of Belgian Blonde Ales, but this wasn't bad. Nothing special outside of the novelty of the branding, but quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads