1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by DNW, Jul 20, 2007.

1. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Well-Known Member

2. texas_jack

texas_jack Well-Known Member

My local place is tapping a cask of Hopslam next week. I'm excited. Also had Zombie Dust on cask at the brewery last weekend. It was exceptional.

3. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Well-Known Member

Nice I should be getting some in a few weeks...how many batches are released a season? I might want to ask my trading partner to wait for the second release seeing I wont get a box to him till a week from wed most likely.

4. otc

otc Well-Known Member

I can't figure out where I can get it. It said I should be able to buy it in chicago, but the website locator only lists the brewery itself.

5. mycardsir

mycardsir Member

Do you know if bottles will be available in SC? I know that it stole the show at the Charleston Brewvival 2012.

6. texas_jack

Binnys

7. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Well-Known Member

I have no idea. It'll be a rare find if you do. I'd call to major stores and ask but they might not even know.

8. mycardsir

mycardsir Member

Is it available in your area? I have some family up that way that might be able to grab some.

9. concealed

concealed Well-Known Member

My friends are sort of getting into craft beer and they are desperate to try Pliny the Elder, we are located in MA though. Anyone who has distribution (CA,PA?,CO?) want to send me a few bottles? I would happily trade for some of the good stuff available here or pay for the bottle, shipping, and a small convenience charge. Let me know!

10. OmniscientCause

Join beer advocate if no one here can get this done...shouldnt be too difficult to find someone willing to do this.

11. concealed

concealed Well-Known Member

been a member since 2009 lol, never done any trading there, hoping an SF bro can get it done

12. OmniscientCause

Well I hope someone here can hook you up, but if they dont Im sure money and or Pretty Things/Jacks Abby would get PtE done.

13. ChicagoMediaMan

ChicagoMediaMan Well-Known Member

Yes, binny's is supposed to have it Wednesday or Thursday of this week. I already have a 6-pack reserved at the at the binny's on grand downtown. I asked for a case, but all he would do is a 6-pack. The Lincoln Park whole foods and galleria liquors at north and wells also carried it last year, but not sure when they are getting it this year.

It was released in Indiana last week and luckily my uncle who lives in Indianapolis got me 2 6-packs.

I also noticed it on tap at a lot more bars in Chicago last year than ever before so it should be the same with this year.

14. ChicagoMediaMan

ChicagoMediaMan Well-Known Member

Actually, the Lincoln Park Whole Foods had it on tap last year too.

15. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Well-Known Member

Hopslam is on sale at West Lake View Liquors as of yesterday afternoon, no limit...

16. OmniscientCause

Nice...I should be getting some in the next two weeks. Sent my box to Chi today with Jacks abby and MA saisons pretty much filling most of the box.

I also got a box yesterday, Cherry Rye as an extra? I was pretty shocked and happy. Will be sending this guy a thank you box in a few weeks when Jacks Abbys Barrel Aged Beer comes out.

17. texas_jack

I hope it's better than it was last year.

18. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Binny's on clark told me to call back on thursday and won't take a reservation. :(

I could try running over to west lakeview liquors and see if they have it but I have to go buy something tonight at the petco across the street from binny's...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  19. texas_jack

I didn't have any problem buying it last year. I'm not sure why everyone is freaking out. They make a ton.

20. otc

otc Well-Known Member

I'm going out of town...want to buy it before I leave.