1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. scanner

scanner Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, sizing down 1 works fine, but theres a little room that i'm sure will become more apparent once they stretch out a bit.

And they're from Library/Farfetch.

2. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Well-Known Member

Ah, you caught that sale from a few days ago. Bravo. Enjoy.

I'm still awaiting my Layer-0 Goodyear Derbies from PN/P. That's gonna be a happy day.

3. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

that is nuts, i am a 44 as well dropping 2 sizes would be insane for me

4. Abraxis

Abraxis Well-Known Member

I hope they treat your feet better. They are nice (I bought eckblk's from him), but I need an insole or something to raise my feet somewhat because in 30 minutes to 1 hr of wear the sides of derbies tear into the outside parts of both ankles -- to the point of bleeding laf.

I think I'd heard uzairh has had some sort of comfort issue as well -- but I don't know if its in the same area or the exact same model.

5. AlexanderTG

6. scanner

scanner Well-Known Member

I have the exact same issue with these A1923 derbies.. I need some thick ass socks or something haha.

7. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

why I will no longer buy derbies without trying them on first. Much less unforgiving in sizing and comfort than boots, which can be fixed with an insole or good stretch

8. uzairh

uzairh Well-Known Member

Same issue, but with 2 other models of the L-0 derbies. Easily fixed by using an insole.

9. Abraxis

How tall is the man's ankles such that he designs his derbies to be side-razors.

10. sinnedk

So i may be in tokyo in the fall, not sure when yet but are there more stores then the ones you mentioned to see in tokyo? Last i was there was 2009 and i was not into ccp/ma+/a1923/devoa/etc....

Whats the best way of gathering a list to see the shops?

11. Abraxis

Here's my library acquired boots. With more unmade bed pictures. Yup that brown thing is my pillow -- we have a combative relationship.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Linen 3/4 pants -- fabric is insane
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Crazy buttons he used this collection - it's like a normal button with threads all over it. Probably will wear away - he has features like that in his pieces.
    [​IMG]

Linen jersey t-shirts. The same fabric covered buttons on the henley one. The striped fabric is scraps from one of his linen shirts.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is a black/grey striped shirt. Picked it up from neighbor -- the color looked brown to me lol.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  12. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Well-Known Member

Tokyo: there's a Japan shopping thread on SZ that's very good. In the name of fashion, here is a more or less complete list extracted from that thread. NN can add/comment:

Lift and Boutique W are definitely highlights if you're into SZ stuff. I also really liked the MMM shop in Gyre (largest in world apparently), CDG/Rick Owens in Aoyama are big and staff are friendly. To maximize exposure in one place, just go to Isetan.

Harajuku
    addition adelaide
    omotesando hills: annd
    fil
    boutique w
    gyre: mmm, visvim
    wjk
    Aoyama
    undercover
    rick owens
    Arts+Science: Men's Shop
    CDG
    yohji yamamoto
    Daikanyama
    lift ecru/etage
    gullam
    attachment
    julius
    jun hashimoto
    n4 (mindtrive)
    Shinjuku
    barneys
    isetan
    b 2nd
    Shibuya
    midwest
    modescape
    b 2nd
    kind (second-hand)
    ragtag (second-hand)
    rinkan (second-hand)
    amode (second-hand)

There's also Carrefour, Devoa flagship, and Al Select (sells older season Devoa). There's really good A5 beef near the latter.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    2 people like this.
  13. AlexanderTG

Boots are gorgeous. Looks more like the pre-production pics I saw and less like the Statue of Liberty color PN/P had for sale. Very nice.

Where 2 Kop the Leder? I got a nice striped shirt from Unionmade last sale season. Those 3/4 pants looks pretty rad. Not sure I could ever confidently wear them (though they may just be the perfect length for my 27.5" inseam) :)

14. sinnedk

Oh shit thank you!

do you live in japan or just know the shops?

15. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

^^^ that's a pretty comprehensive list and should be archived for future use

The place for older Devoa is called "Al select" and is not worth the trip alone - it's tiny with small stock, but it's in a wonderful neighborhood you should be visiting anyways: inokashira koen

16. Abraxis

Yeah they are pretty long (3/4th pants). I bought stuff at southwillard and shopneighbor. I'm trying to get a list of other non Japanese stockists -- since Japan stocks him heavily, but generally not size L which is what we'd be. The t-shirts are a bit on the tight side right now, but will probably loosen up.

Btw, Jun Hashimoto is in Daikanyama too and close to Julius.

17. sinnedk

i dont remember visiting that neighborhood although i may have. I spent 2 weeks in tokyo in 09, visited a lot, always wanted to come back.

18. uzairh

uzairh Well-Known Member

19. sinnedk

im shit out of luck on footwear in japan though, no 44 in sight right?

20. sepp

sepp Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for the further list of Jap stores.

Saw Taichi Murakami on that link. I wonder if the clothes will be like 30-40 percent cheaper than overseas retail - like Yohji.

That Henley shirt looks like something I could wear daily, great buy.