• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear my boots hand shoed hard, pretty much everyday I alternate between 4 pairs of CCP, 3 pairs of guidi and 2 pairs of A1923, I find myself resolving heels about once a year on average

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I paid a $400 for the 123&124 new, I think retail was a little more than double that

I wear my baller boots as hard as anything else. Anything I can't walk 10k in and wear all day doesn't really do it for me. I don't wear derbies in the mud or rain, though, and I think I will try to keep my white boots clear of mud and rain as well. Well made boots can take a tough beating and will clean up nicely if you take care of them. No reason to baby them

Guidi lace-ups in a softer leather are fantastic with insoles. I wouldn't wear CCP or Augusta or whatnot in any of these situations:

Last edited:

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wear my guidi donkey derbies probably 5 days a week on average for about 10 hrs a day and when they get wear on weekends I may walk 5+ miles in them in a day around SF. Have taken them traveling, hiking, music festivals where I'm on my feet for 10+ hrs and pogo-dance with other people stomping on my feet... as comfortable as anything else I own. Maybe MMM sneakers are slightly more comfortable, but less durable.

Don't use insoles and sometimes go sockless. It isn't really an issue.

I resole once a year or two... basically when an edge wears down to the leather heel. I burn through heel taps in like 3 wears though thank goodness Vibram is tough :) The thing is the stitching is ripping out in several places in my derbies especially in the back and some of the side of the flap has actually worn away.

I think another couple weeks they'll be ready for a resole where I'll get the stitching fixed. I imagine they still have 3 years left in them easy... not too shabby given how often I wear them. I've had them for 3 years and received them probably in 7-8 at most condition. Not sure how hard they were worn before.

My ccp sidezips in size 6 are probably my least comfortable shoe but they might be slightly toooo small. I have a pair of guidi combats that are tight.. probably need more break in. My Attachment boots are my best fitting and most comfortable pair for sure.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where do you guys send in your Guidis for resole? Just wondering how they look with non guidi made soles. The sole is one of its unique aspects

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By resole we mean the vibram on the heel... it's not the whole sole. it's not that noticeable..

Sure they shave the heel and front part down so it can still sit flat on the ground and not feel weird and to have a flat surface to apply the vibram.. but...

Vibram on the heel and the front part

Would look something like this from the side.. is that noticeable enough to bother you?

Oh I go to F&J Western in Santa Clara, CA. Now that I live in SF though I'm probably too lazy to make the drive and not willing to wait until my next exodus down... so will mail. eckblk mails to him regularly from Texas.

Last edited:

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying. I actually have a 988 with Jesse right now for the vibram half sole and heel but still curious if anyone actually resoled the whole thing be it from guidi or elsewhere

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I wear my boots hand shoed hard, pretty much everyday I alternate between 4 pairs of CCP, 3 pairs of guidi and 2 pairs of A1923, I find myself resolving heels about once a year on average

wow what a collection, do you mind giving me deets of which models you have?

Its funny i haven't had to re-sole any boots so far. I guess the only thing that i did have to repair is a pair of buttero a while back.

I paid a $400 for the 123&124 new, I think retail was a little more than double that

I wear my baller boots as hard as anything else.
Anything I can't walk 10k in and wear all day doesn't really do it for me.
I don't wear derbies in the mud or rain, though, and I think I will try to keep my white boots clear of mud and rain as well. Well made boots can take a tough beating and will clean up nicely if you take care of them. No reason to baby them

Guidi lace-ups in a softer leather are fantastic with insoles. I wouldn't wear CCP or Augusta or whatnot in any of these situations:

Thanks for the info NN... if you ever see a 44 you know who to alert please :)

And thats how i ended up owning most footwear in horse...

Honestly you inspire me to get a pair of guidi lace up and destroy them like you did in the pics... one day....

Wear my guidi donkey derbies probably 5 days a week on average for about 10 hrs a day and when they get wear on weekends I may walk 5+ miles in them in a day around SF. Have taken them traveling, hiking, music festivals where I'm on my feet for 10+ hrs and pogo-dance with other people stomping on my feet... as comfortable as anything else I own. Maybe MMM sneakers are slightly more comfortable, but less durable.

Don't use insoles and sometimes go sockless. It isn't really an issue.

I resole once a year or two... basically when an edge wears down to the leather heel. I burn through heel taps in like 3 wears though thank goodness Vibram is tough :) The thing is the stitching is ripping out in several places in my derbies especially in the back and some of the side of the flap has actually worn away.

I think another couple weeks they'll be ready for a resole where I'll get the stitching fixed. I imagine they still have 3 years left in them easy... not too shabby given how often I wear them. I've had them for 3 years and received them probably in 7-8 at most condition. Not sure how hard they were worn before.

My ccp sidezips in size 6 are probably my least comfortable shoe but they might be slightly toooo small. I have a pair of guidi combats that are tight.. probably need more break in. My Attachment boots are my best fitting and most comfortable pair for sure

How do MMM sneaks fit... i saw a few pairs and i like em a lot but don't know sizing...

Where do you guys send in your Guidis for resole? Just wondering how they look with non guidi made soles. The sole is one of its unique aspects

Ok i may be wrong but i think most dudes here add vibram first and don't resole guidi. If i am wrong i think FJ western in San Jose, Ca can resole, I dyed my boots with them per Eck's suggestion. LMK if you need a proxy I work in SJ.

waiting at SFO for my flight in my buttero, i figured my tornados may cause an extra TSA search so i left them at home :p

joewood

Reaction score
No dress code, so every day, unless I'm at the gym, you'll always see me in boots. I prefer "bad weather" boots when it is raining or snowing a lot though. But yes, I do wear expensive boots even in the Scandinavian winter.

joewood

Reaction score
Its funny i haven't had to re-sole any boots so far.
Wearing only on the weekend, no surprise.

Vibram heel lasts more than a year. Topy half sole protectors will last even longer. I don't walk a lot, but as said wear boots every day. So far heel is replaced once and my boots are almost 3 years old. Will need to replace 2nd time soon.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Would you guys vibram a pair of boots that have been worn relatively frequently or would you get the sole replaced first?

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did CCP come out with a new model for tornado? AM/2446L SBUC-PTC/13 O.DYED LINED GOODYEAR BOOTS

(click)

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

Would you guys vibram a pair of boots that have been worn relatively frequently or would you get the sole replaced first?

This is a tricky point. It depends on whether there is a soft spot in the middle of the forefoot, and how worn the heel is. If there is significant heel wear, or the leather of the sole towards the front is starting to become obviously worn, I would re-sole then Vibram.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads