1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. eckblk

eckblk Well-Known Member

RE: m_moria

I don't like the norwegian welt ones, much prefer these:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. jordache jeans

jordache jeans Well-Known Member

3. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

The norwegian welt ones look so much better with a bit of wear. Here's lowrey's boots I mentioned a bit back:

http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showpost.php?p=461758&postcount=1016

I don't think the cordovan leather is for me, I have a pair of Aldens in a similar leather that I'm not in love with, but his boots are starting to look fantastic. The lace swap really helped the aesthetic as well. I did not like them when I saw them in person, didn't even bother trying them on, but I'm a bit more curious after seeing his

1 person likes this.
  4. Abraxis

Abraxis Well-Known Member

Thanks for the insole recommendations. Yeah I started trying to figure out how to select the right insole model on amazon.com but gave up promptly. Will run to an REI or something and try stuff.

5. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Well-Known Member

My thoughts after seeing S/S 15 pics for almost all the brands (clothing and footwear) we tend to discuss:

m.a+ is still tedious outside of the footwear, of which the new stuff leans from ugly to bland.

IS still kills it with the leather options. Much like Luca it's a few newer pieces and a lot of beautiful fabrics and classics. Fucking awesome and a wallet drainer.

IE will now hopefully interest people beyond his continuous pants. A jacket and maybe a coat will definitely be on my radar.

LUC is LUC. Always a pleasure, never a surprise.

Augusta/A1923 hasn't moved a step. Perhaps half a one backwards. The microlace derbies are tempting and the black/white leather treatment cool.

Taichi Murakami is Based Pope's wet dream. This is Devoa meets LUC rolled in a barrel of nails.

Devoa review to come when I've seen better pictures. Really though, I'm yet to truly dislike anything that Daisuke's done. With a stretch washi fabric on the cards I'm already on board.

6. Abraxis

I'm afraid to see the IE other stuff. Have the pics, but scared to go through them. Hrm devoa lets me down in pants fit in most of the ones I've tried and in anything with a hook closure. Only good hook closures are the scarstitch/overlock ones CCP uses, but those are backed by a zipper ;p No one should hook closure only :(

7. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

thats what i did when i got my a1923 and i still ended up with tacco, fyi no tacco insoles at rei

8. Abraxis

Ah, are they at any retail location ?

9. nicelynice

Tacco is nice, they feel very comfortable after they mould to your foot, but they don't have a lot of extra arch support if you need that

10. fistinyoface

Look at it. It's glorious. The shirts, both T and button up variety also look great.

The only Devoa pants that have hook closures and buttons are the jeans. The rest are YKK zippers with the signature chain and ring design.

1 person likes this.
  11. Abraxis

Bah. It was separate criticisms. I haven't had a pair of pants that have really fit me yet and most of the fits ive seen don't look great. I dislike any blazers, coats, jackets they have that have hook closures. I hate it when attachment does it too and pretty much everyone else.

12. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

i honestly did not notice but i only checked a few places.

1 person likes this.
  13. spacepope

spacepope Well-Known Member

take back what you said about macross

I've always been kinda interested in Taichi Murakami, has that organic tech ninja feel that draws me to m.a+. Could look cool with Damir too. I remember trying on some of his stuff at Atelier and finding that it fit kinda weird. Also expensive. Also hard to find stockists. Stockists?

14. spacepope

spacepope Well-Known Member

Also FWIW I just got a pair of IE pants in today. 60/40 ramie/cotton that is immensely comfortable. Fit, fabric, construction, details––everything is on point. The copious amounts of fraying are also a bonus. Easily the nicest pants I have ever owned.

1 person likes this.
  15. nicelynice

This cool shop by my house stocks them:

http://www.couleur-coltd.com/category/brand-l-z/taichi-murakami/

I don't usually proxy but would be happy to do it through this store if anyone wants Taichi pieces this year, very cool store. They also speak English, one of the staff used to work at Atelier, if you wanna send them a mail

Shelter II also stocks them:

http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/shelter2/diary/?ctgy=4

Mountain Parka will be returning this year:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
    2 people like this.
  16. Abraxis

congrats :) but so jealous.. have 3 pairs on order since november. 40/60 and 60/40 ramie and the hemp/cotton as well.

okay fine mountain parka is awesome.

17. eckblk

eckblk Well-Known Member

so jealous that you just kopped a flawless condition JUICY-PTC fencing.... :)

18. onijo84

onijo84 Well-Known Member

@Abraxis
    Since Nov? Wow. The wait for IE stuff is hitting Poell's lvl.

19. fistinyoface

If you bought those size 2 that skeen7908 then you can go to hell. I was waiting for him to PM me his paypal address when you swooped in. [​IMG]

I've got a pair in the ramie/cotton and cotton/ramie. They're a nice exercise in minimalist patternmaking. I find they're a little restrictive in movement and be warned: the buttons are fucking terribly sewn on. I've had to sew two of them back on one pair already.

re: Macross Plus: Super Dimensional Fortress, I can't relent. Shoe and bag design is sleek as fuck. Clothing is blah. Tailoring is whack..

20. eckblk

eckblk Well-Known Member

I'm on month 15 with Carol; no end in sight.