• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

filcol

Reaction score
Do you guys think full grain horse leather on Guidi derbies is clean enough for wearing them with a suit?

DividedWay

Reaction score
And looking good? It would have to be a soft suit, no brioni's. If it's just clean enough to have no one comment? Yes.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide on purchasing these A1923 waxed boots..

These are size 10/43 and fit my size 9 US/42 feet with a bit of room but with thicker socks it should be perfect.

If I get these, CCP diagonal zips in scarred horse cordovan will have to wait..

Last edited:

wormwood

Reaction score
tornadoes could wait. do it. they looks amazing.

wormwood

Reaction score
hmm. got few very interesting offers to come in next weeks. so could part with some of current collection:
cdiem s63m double-layered backlace boots, perfect condition, size 42 fits 42-43, black on brown

pm me for details, chaps
actual photos, 26sept13

Last edited:

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I vote for the Augusta.- I'm not too impressed with the price to be honest; I've seen the boot for under 1k last year from Aurevoiretmerci (before they stopped stocking A1923).

shady_2001

Reaction score
my fairly worthless opinion would be to wait, i'm not a big fan of the augusta's because of the high distressing + reverse which makes it quite a specific kind of look. likewise, I believe oiled horse is the best leather that augusta makes, so maybe wait for that.

or cop the cdiems/avantindietros posted before, now those are timeless...

justaguy7

Reaction score
How can i get multiple pairs of A1923 derby laces? instead of the gray sneaker lace, i wanted the option of black laces too.

wormwood

Reaction score
^try to contact you nearest stockist of a1923, they usually have some amount of laces.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

**** the CCP. Get the Augusta.

I vote for the Augusta.- I'm not too impressed with the price to be honest; I've seen the boot for under 1k last year from Aurevoiretmerci (before they stopped stocking A1923).

Thanks guys, CCP will wait and I found much better price for the same A1923 boots done in culatta horse with slightly better finishing that I liked more (partly oiled culatta) that I'm aiming to get.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Trying to decide on purchasing these A1923 waxed boots..

These are size 10/43 and fit my size 9 US/42 feet with a bit of room but with thicker socks it should be perfect.

If I get these, CCP diagonal zips in scarred horse cordovan will have to wait..

I havent posted in a bit. But the first question to ponder is do you want a lace up or a zip? You are comparing boots in the same aesthetic but different look. For lace-ups, i recommend layer-0 over a1923 based on the price + quality comparison. A1923 is getting out of hand price wise. For zips, you have many options. If sticking to the italian designers there is MA+, CCP, Guidi, all are great choices.

I feel that for the way you are dressed in the above pic you should go for a lace up. I may be wrong its just my first impression.

Other boot thoughts:

I am on a trip in Europe and have stopped by a few merchants. I wanted to give a few quick thoughts (mostly focused on footwear).

1. Degli Effeti (rome) - pretty boring, had a lot of old season works. The only impressive things were the m_moira boots.
  2. motelsalieri (rome) - did not see anything cool, saw some aldens and trickers :confused:
  3. PN/P Firenze - I walked in here and i was like a kid in a toy store. Lots of amazing current selections. Layer-0 is quiet impressive, Guidi collection is huge as well. The rubberized guidi laceup were almost triple sole thick, and i fit a 45. Marco (i believe the owner) was super cordial and remembered me from the emails.

FYI, i came in in sneakers and shorts looking like a tourist snooping around. Marco came over to say hello and explain a bit about the brands because I guess he gets tourists walking in and not getting why shoes/clothing look they way they do. He also told me he is expecting a1923 soon and we had a laugh at the "supposed" arrival times (early october). Anyways i am not decided on a a pair of layer-0 but if any of you folks ever had reservations about buying from PN/P i say forget the reservations. Additionally, compared to the above 2 stores, I felt much more welcome. I guess its a Tuscan thing but it made a difference.

Cheers from Florence SF folk

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Aurevoiretmerci had some damn good prices, never gonna see that again

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads