1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. DividedWay

DividedWay Well-Known Member

2. filcol

filcol Well-Known Member

Do you guys think full grain horse leather on Guidi derbies is clean enough for wearing them with a suit?

3. DividedWay

DividedWay Well-Known Member

And looking good? It would have to be a soft suit, no brioni's. If it's just clean enough to have no one comment? Yes.

4. Steel28

Steel28 Well-Known Member

Trying to decide on purchasing these A1923 waxed boots..

These are size 10/43 and fit my size 9 US/42 feet with a bit of room but with thicker socks it should be perfect.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If I get these, CCP diagonal zips in scarred horse cordovan will have to wait..

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  5. wormwood

wormwood Well-Known Member

tornadoes could wait. do it. they looks amazing.

6. Steel28

I should since the price is 30% off the regular pricing as well :satisfied:

7. wormwood

hmm. got few very interesting offers to come in next weeks. so could part with some of current collection:
    cdiem s63m double-layered backlace boots, perfect condition, size 42 fits 42-43, black on brown

pm me for details, chaps
    actual photos, 26sept13
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  8. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Well-Known Member

Fuck the CCP. Get the Augusta.

9. eckblk

eckblk Well-Known Member

I vote for the Augusta.- I'm not too impressed with the price to be honest; I've seen the boot for under 1k last year from Aurevoiretmerci (before they stopped stocking A1923).

10. shady_2001

shady_2001 Well-Known Member

my fairly worthless opinion would be to wait, i'm not a big fan of the augusta's because of the high distressing + reverse which makes it quite a specific kind of look. likewise, I believe oiled horse is the best leather that augusta makes, so maybe wait for that.

or cop the cdiems/avantindietros posted before, now those are timeless...

11. justaguy7

justaguy7 Member

How can i get multiple pairs of A1923 derby laces? instead of the gray sneaker lace, i wanted the option of black laces too.

12. wormwood

^try to contact you nearest stockist of a1923, they usually have some amount of laces.

13. Steel28

Thanks guys, CCP will wait and I found much better price for the same A1923 boots done in culatta horse with slightly better finishing that I liked more (partly oiled culatta) that I'm aiming to get.

14. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

I havent posted in a bit. But the first question to ponder is do you want a lace up or a zip? You are comparing boots in the same aesthetic but different look. For lace-ups, i recommend layer-0 over a1923 based on the price + quality comparison. A1923 is getting out of hand price wise. For zips, you have many options. If sticking to the italian designers there is MA+, CCP, Guidi, all are great choices.

I feel that for the way you are dressed in the above pic you should go for a lace up. I may be wrong its just my first impression.

Other boot thoughts:

I am on a trip in Europe and have stopped by a few merchants. I wanted to give a few quick thoughts (mostly focused on footwear).

1. Degli Effeti (rome) - pretty boring, had a lot of old season works. The only impressive things were the m_moira boots.
    2. motelsalieri (rome) - did not see anything cool, saw some aldens and trickers :confused:
    3. PN/P Firenze - I walked in here and i was like a kid in a toy store. Lots of amazing current selections. Layer-0 is quiet impressive, Guidi collection is huge as well. The rubberized guidi laceup were almost triple sole thick, and i fit a 45. Marco (i believe the owner) was super cordial and remembered me from the emails.

FYI, i came in in sneakers and shorts looking like a tourist snooping around. Marco came over to say hello and explain a bit about the brands because I guess he gets tourists walking in and not getting why shoes/clothing look they way they do. He also told me he is expecting a1923 soon and we had a laugh at the "supposed" arrival times (early october). Anyways i am not decided on a a pair of layer-0 but if any of you folks ever had reservations about buying from PN/P i say forget the reservations. Additionally, compared to the above 2 stores, I felt much more welcome. I guess its a Tuscan thing but it made a difference.

Cheers from Florence SF folk

1 person likes this.
  15. sinnedk

Aurevoiretmerci had some damn good prices, never gonna see that again

16. Steel28

Thanks for your recommendation, I already secured a pair of great A1923 and will take a look at Layer-0 from Marco in the future as well. He helped me get a pair of 988 Guidi last year.

17. Noctone

Noctone Well-Known Member

Speaking of Au Revoir et Merci, are they still even in business? Their online shop has been "temporarily" down for like a year now.

18. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Well-Known Member

don't buy shoes a full size too big...srsly

19. sinnedk

Out of business I'd say

20. jpc9

jpc9 Well-Known Member