1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

Plokhov himself said he doesn't really like distressing – it will distress itself in time haha. I actually like the "neat" sole.

1 person likes this.
  2. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

I dont know if that would really work that well

I think most designers in this thread tend to have a last or two that they use and then change up the line completely over time

Wouldn't suprise me however if you saw a MTO maker come along and get into this market (besides guidi)

3. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

no one sees the sole, are you talking about the side view of it?

guidi doesnt have different lasts either

4. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

Wasn't referring to lasts, more that they are pretty much the only major MTO maker in this field

5. sinnedk

isnt IS doing mto this season? Also CCP has always done mto.

6. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

Did you order your CCP's as MTO?

Individual sentiments and CCP are a pretty small part of this thread man

It isn't what they are known for, whilst Guidi is pretty well known for being flexible and open with customers MTO requests

By far and large, its Guidi's game at the moment

7. sinnedk

nah mine were a small run that distributor did.

i agree guidi is most well known for the mto...

8. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

Yeah lol of course you didnt get CCP on MTO, prices are cray

Well anyway all I was saying was that I'm suprised no one has really made an effort to bust in on that market yet

I'm pretty happy with my rotation ATM

Margiela Black Sidezips
    Margiela Black Sidezips
    Carpe Diem Black Calf Sidezips
    Carpe Diem Black Horse Derbies
    Carpe Diem Grey Reverse Sidezips
    Guidi Black Reverse Derbies
    Guidi Black Reverse Workboots
    Layer-0 Grey Reverse Workboots

I sorta want another pair of Layer-0 (probably cordovan) some 10SeiOtto sidezips (two pair I guess) and some CCP sidezips

1 person likes this.
  9. sinnedk

actually if i had ordered MTO it would of been the same boot and cost the same, the vendor i went through does small runs so its practically mto

10. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

Practically MTO isnt MTO man

Why are you arguing about this?

11. jet

jet Well-Known Member

raz please don't egg him on jfc

1 person likes this.
  12. sinnedk

price is same whether MTO or not (in my case), remember mto is not bespoke or mtm maybe thats what you are trying to refer to,

made to order is just a pair of boots made for you, nothing extra special about them

to add, i ordered these back in july, vendor ordered a few sizes of same boot (not a big run), i waited a few months to get these... thats pretty close to a MTO

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  13. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

MTO = you choose leather, size, style, maybe some extra details when it comes to CCP (titanium plates yes/no, etc.). I think this is correct?

Preeeety sure CCP does not do MTM or Bespoke... I could be wrong.

1 person likes this.
  14. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

There is usually an upcharge on any MTO's above what you can get non-MTO models for at retail

Atleast, every MTO on footwear I've ever enquired about through the manufacturer has had this, also special terms etc

Did you enquire about the same boot as an MTO/Custom order through CCP? Or are you assuming?

15. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

Yeah he doesn't do bespoke to my knowledge, imagine the prices :lol: :lol:

But you can get awful colors done through MTO, if thats what your after, i.e clown red, piss yellow

Anyway, back to the original topic before the multiple derailments:

Moo are you sorta just imagining a combination of traditional shoe makes with these sort of aesthetics? Better fittings, multiple lasts etc etc

Would be interesting

16. sinnedk

i enquired via my vendor (not assuming), ccp doesnt deal directly with people, and i ordered a specific pair. my vendor gave me various options of leathers and dyeing treatments, does that not sound a lot like mto? which is what i told you for the 3rd time now.

17. Mr. Moo

Only guy I've seen pull off the horrible colors is Seal... dude kills it. Can't picture anyone else doing that.

And yeah, so many of these shoes and boots are really well made already. But fit, lasts, etc. seem to be unpredictable and - really - are rarely discussed. I have read vague sizing discussions stating that one season is a different fit/size than another season, and it sort of annoyed. Why are there wild sizing differences? (looking at CCP here). It would be nice to see the quality stay, but the fitting and lasting become a bit more refined. I know that some of this avant garde stuff sort of extracts itself from rules and status quo expectations of what a men's shoe should look like, but as I stated earlier, choice is better than no choice. And while sometimes home-runs are hit (Plokhov's new season up there, which looks awesome), there are whole seasons that look like crap (cannot think of one off-hand, but imagine if that same Plokhov collection had a horrible toe shape and there was no choice). It can't be too difficult to manufacture a second last for a season to see how it goes. Full on MTO/trunk shows is a different story... I'm not even sure 9/10 typical purveyors of these goods give a shit about that. :lol:

18. Mr. Moo

19. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

Well man here your saying this:

But here your saying you did order MTO? And there werent any extra charges? Or conditions?

From what I've read and asked about there were always extra conditions i.e on Darklands site they want deposit + no refunds + up to 11 month wait, and I could never really nail down if it cost more or not.

Eh anyways man I think you just want to argue.

Nice boots none the less.

20. sinnedk

doesnt cost more, (aint cheap either way sigh)

i did put down a deposit, but it wasnt a classic mto because vendor was making a run of these anyways but had i wanted a diff boot than it would of probably been an mto and cost the same

fyi you started the argument, could of just asked me details about order process

thanks i am happy with the boots