1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

*** The official and awesome DIY thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sipang, Apr 6, 2011.

1. xCrunchx

xCrunchx Well-Known Member

whats "the freman robe"? Did you make it or something? if so chuck a fitpix and tell us how! It kinda looks like very traditionally ancient; Biblical or something. If i figure out how to make it I might post it with a traditional pakistani dress or something like that if i can find one.

2. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

fremen It's similar in idea to the OV jacket, actually. Not as shaped, more like a legit robe - I'm contemplating putting sleeves of some light-colored leather on it, or making it sleeveless (I ran out of linen, so I basically have 4/5th sleeves right now - and poorly made ones, at that - so I'm thinking that those will have to be changed). It has a giant, 2-part hood (that's the part lined in muslin), and no waist suppression. The idea was that it would hang of the shoulders, and will be attached in the front with a large stone toggle. It's more like a cape with sleeves than a jacket; fairly costumey. I'm leaning towards leather sleeves on everything though. Speaking of which, I lost all my links to leather suppliers - there were a few on here that the "leather artisan" thread guys were using for mocs, etc. Does anyone have those on hand?

3. sipang

sipang Well-Known Member

Yea Synthese, quit slacking and blabbing and go finisht that shit. You're the Honorary President ffs, you gonna make me look bad !

4. xCrunchx

synth do you have any pictures of your plans or anything that i could use? or at least a picture of the robe? thanks.

5. UserName84

UserName84 Well-Known Member

fremen

I'm leaning towards leather sleeves on everything though. Speaking of which, I lost all my links to leather suppliers - there were a few on here that the "leather artisan" thread guys were using for mocs, etc. Does anyone have those on hand?

http://www.leathermerchants.com/view.asp?id=464
    also there is this thread on SZ which has a few links as well:

http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3382
    edit: maybe this thread too http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9587

These?

6. Synthese

^Yeah, those are the ones I do have. Thanks, though.
    synth do you have any pictures of your plans or anything that i could use? or at least a picture of the robe? thanks.
    I'll try to do some work on it in the next week or so, at which point I'll take some pictures. It's still fairly misshapen, however. I didn't follow a pattern, just draped it really. It was a first try; I wouldn't suggest doing what I did.

7. SeckBoy

SeckBoy Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Painted Redwings (not mine)

1 person likes this.
  8. xCrunchx

^Yeah, those are the ones I do have. Thanks, though.

I'll try to do some work on it in the next week or so, at which point I'll take some pictures. It's still fairly misshapen, however. I didn't follow a pattern, just draped it really. It was a first try; I wouldn't suggest doing what I did.

Where did you get your inspiration other than from the actual freman. I need some more pictures to copy but cant find any, damir doma perhaps? if so what season? i ask too many questions [​IMG].

[​IMG]

Painted Redwings

(not mine)

Take better pictures, all i can see is painted red wings nonetheless decent.

9. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Well-Known Member

ok, those redwings are.. [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm painting shoes this weekend

10. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Well-Known Member

Take better pictures, all i can see is painted red wings nonetheless decent.[/quote]

That's all they are... you are not very good at egging people on.

11. DenimDan

DenimDan Well-Known Member

Beater pair of Dockers BS with upgrades; Friendship camo cord laces, oiled and off-white painted soles: [​IMG]

12. xCrunchx

Take better pictures, all i can see is painted red wings nonetheless decent.

That's all they are... you are not very good at egging people on.[/quote]

oh yeah my bad i thought the stuff on the chair was diy too.

13. Synthese

should i or shouldn't i dip my F+B elios in paint?

14. xCrunchx

Nah don't, i think it'll crack too much and maybe like crumble and stuff but itll look like you actually tried to dip it in paint and not like the natural "accidentally" spilling paint on it. Like MMM

15. colabear

colabear Well-Known Member

in spirit of the hybrid, modern-eclectic, interior design-inspired fashions going on, I'm playing with a nylon blazer popularized by Prada in the 90s and a classic jean jacket. Also something interior design inspired.

16. colabear

colabear Well-Known Member

should i or shouldn't i dip my F+B elios in paint?

can you recommend a good brand of fabric paint?

17. Synthese

no, unfortunately. I do have a lot of house paint lying around, though.

18. Synthese

here is the aforementioned pleasure principal hoodie, crosspoast from waywt:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. sayocean

sayocean Well-Known Member

this place is dead i have triple posted lol. anyway i saw this on one earlier page

http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Odyn...and_17656.html

anyone have any idea whatsoever on how to make something like it?

^ who cares they are ugly and not the relative type. ugly in essence.

20. xCrunchx

^ who cares they are ugly and not the relative type. ugly in essence.

lols you got me,

nice synth