1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

*** The official and awesome DIY thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sipang, Apr 6, 2011.

1. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

2. otc

otc Well-Known Member

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/how-to-dye-textiles-with-coffee-tea-108438

Judging from that, I'd probably take it easy the first time. You can always repeat the process, but it is hard to undo it.

Half a cup of coffee in a pot got that towel reasonably dark (I like the color, but you might want it to still look more white).

and use enough premixed liquid that you can stir the jeans around to ensure even coloring. Best to dye them immediately after a fresh wash too, since they can pick up things that block the dye (and wash your hands before handling the clean fabric).

1 person likes this.
  3. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

Well I guess I'll be staining old tees in coffee sometime. Thanks for the link @otc

4. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Well-Known Member

I stain most of my whites in instant coffee. It's easy so start with little and get darker if you want

5. colabear

colabear Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hi guys! I've been doodling around an idea for a short sleeve popover shirt with a decorative placket in a shape of a phallus, sort of like a man's version of a décolleté. The length of the phallus placket can be customized depending on your liking or needs. I'm also thinking of doing a contrasting fabric for the shirt body ( yellow oxford cloth) and the phallus placket ( pink poplin). Pardon my drawing since I haven't sketch for ages.

7 people like this.
  6. Naka

Naka Well-Known Member

That's cute cola, I think the proportions would be a little better in a longsleeve tho!

7. colabear

colabear Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Colaver sleeveless flannel shirt w/ asymmetrical tied sleeve detail

8. dizzy

dizzy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

These black Svenssons were all scuffed up so I decided to paint them white. Used around 7 coats of Angelus leather paint and their satin finisher. Put in new laces and new insoles. I think they turned out well, but after a week they're already dirty and scuffed. Such is life with white shoes.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend a brand of fabric spray paint for denim? Washable, non-toxic, etc.

I am thinking of giving my Levis trucker jacket the Helmut Lang stripe treatment.