1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cimabue

cimabue Well-Known Member

Pitt Boots from LSBH:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. .field

.field Member

3. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

4. MiniW

MiniW Well-Known Member

looks great cimabue, everytime I see White's SD and Redwing GT's I think why can't they look more like those Aldens

5. esimonson

esimonson Active Member

Pitt Boots from LSBH:

Beautiful. Glad you took shots from an angle other than the classic shoegazing shot with pants pulled up to reveal knee-high argyle socks. Never really gives you an idea of how they size up when wearing.

Thinking about scooping up a pair. Does LSBH have many pairs left? Crossing my fingers for a 9D.

Cheers

6. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Well-Known Member

LOL definitely! sf reunion abroad
    I expect to see you in your RRL selvage chino as part of the Blake contest when I am in Rome in July as well [​IMG]

7. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

I expect to see you in your RRL selvage chino as part of the Blake contest when I am in Rome in July as well [​IMG]

will do ... im restricted to only two pairs of pants for the rest of the year (minus work pants)

8. Stamper1924

Stamper1924 Active Member

Hey Stamper, do you have current pics of your Chromexcel Plaza Wingtip Boot after some wear?

I would love to see how they have aged. They are available for preorder at LSW, and I am debating!

Vivalet,

Here you go. I wear the Chromexcel Plaza Wingtip Boot once every other week. I really love these boots! [​IMG] They are so comfortable. I've also included a couple of photos of my Plaza Indy Boot in burnished tan calf that I've had for about 6 months. I wear these twice a week and they are great! I can't say enough good things about the commando sole!

If Leather Soul is doing a preorder, I'd say go for it![​IMG]

Chromexcel Plaza Wingtip Boot (after 7 months)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plaza Indy Boot in burnished tan calf (6 months)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this helps.

9. Do the Indys work well with tapered jeans?

10. cimabue

Beautiful. Glad you took shots from an angle other than the classic shoegazing shot with pants pulled up to reveal knee-high argyle socks. Never really gives you an idea of how they size up when wearing.

Thinking about scooping up a pair. Does LSBH have many pairs left? Crossing my fingers for a 9D.

Cheers

I'm afraid they may be sold out, but Pitt Boots are stocked pretty regularly, I think.

11. Aries83

Aries83 Well-Known Member

Do the Indys work well with tapered jeans?

I would say yes, but it depends on the degree of taper, and the size of the boot. Obviously a 7" taper on size 12 indys would not look great, but that's true of any taper/shoe size ratio.

Simply, there's probably some kind of taper/shoe size ratio that is optimal.

12. I would say yes, but it depends on the degree of taper, and the size of the boot. Obviously a 7" taper on size 12 indys would not look great, but that's true of any taper/shoe size ratio.

Simply, there's probably some kind of taper/shoe size ratio that is optimal.

Ah, okay. So the best solution would probably be to just go and try them on with the jeans in question then. Thanks.

13. countrygent

countrygent Well-Known Member

Stamper - beautiful boots, thanks for sharing the pics.

14. cimabue

Ravello Short Wing Boot from ShoeMart:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. marg

marg Well-Known Member

^ nice work on the ravello boots!

16. vivalet

vivalet Well-Known Member

It does, thank you so much, they look great! I'm going for it! ***EDIT*** Did it! ***/EDIT***
    Vivalet, Here you go. I wear the Chromexcel Plaza Wingtip Boot once every other week. I really love these boots! [​IMG] They are so comfortable. I've also included a couple of photos of my Plaza Indy Boot in burnished tan calf that I've had for about 6 months. I wear these twice a week and they are great! I can't say enough good things about the commando sole! If Leather Soul is doing a preorder, I'd say go for it![​IMG] Chromexcel Plaza Wingtip Boot (after 7 months) [​IMG] Hope this helps.

17. Aries83

Aries83 Well-Known Member

In terms of versatility, pitt boot is probably most versatile, quickly followed by chukka, then the loafer.

I would actually rate them exactly that way for looks too.

lesamourai - Yes. Actually, not sure why I didn't mention this, but I often wear my Indys with some Samurai 710s and they look good, but obviously YMMV. So go try them!

18. marg

marg Well-Known Member

19. John_

John_ Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.