• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the best situation, I would want to get both. But if one is stuck between Leffot #8 or cigar lwb, what should he get first? I know cigar don't come that often these days.

chrisefi

Reaction score

king CT boots - J Gilbert

Are these on Plaza last from JG?

circleslife

Reaction score

In the best situation, I would want to get both. But if one is stuck between Leffot #8 or cigar lwb, what should he get first? I know cigar don't come that often these days.

I would get color 8 if you don't work in very formal environment. They are more versatile.

inn8chiro

Reaction score
Need to get these for my son!! Be killing the boot game in second grade

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

J Crew Ravello LWBs and linen, plus a wrist shot.
Those are perfect. Love the Ravello LWB and Brass Eyelet combo!
My very dark #8 LWB from yesterday -- looking forward to them lightening in the future.
The 975 is a beautiful Alden classic. Enjoy those, they are looking great!
Hi guys! Just wanna share a photo of my Ravello. Just glad that although I am from the Philippines, I now have an Alden Whiskey and Ravello shell because of @mdubs's help. Cheers! Byron
Byron, glad that you are enjoying your Ravello LWBs and your Whiskey Wingtip Balmorals. Both are at the top of my favorite Alden models.
Waiting to board a flight to DC. Crepe sole comfort for a conference where I'll be on my feet all day. Will drop by Alden DC of course.
Patrick, your Chukkas look awesome. I hear the crepe sole is painfully comfy for long days on your feet.
Choco Suede Chukka
Another fine pair from the DonL collection!
CXL Indy Thursday
DiscoV, hard to go wrong with a CXL work boot.
Quick stop at the mall...certainly not for shoes/boots
Wow, lots of suede Chukkas! Hard to argue with them though!
Wore my JCrew Color 8 PCT's today too, I love these boots!
Bob, those are some awesome boots! Didn't i just mention the Leffot tankers?
my most over used Alden... suede chukka for ultimate comfort.
Chukka 4 in suede today, maybe I am missing something!
whiskey nst argyles otc
2ccmjdk.jpg
Yeah, I am speechless.
Traveling with Cigars and Walnuts this week.
Those are two wicked shoes. I LOVE my Walnut Shell Strands and in fact brought them with my Color 8 Perfect Tips Bals on my trip this week... Those cigars rock too! I hope mine show up someday... -Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Nice shoes....though they really should change the carpet to a more shoe friendly color :)

Wow mdubs, the shade on those is fantastic. Almost bronze-y :slayer:

Looks good, Mike. These look more reddish than #8.

Thanks guys! These were my third pair of Alden's and were actually seconds due to the lack of their resin... I actually really enjoy them, they are very unique. They totally throw Kathy off whenever I wear them into her shop.... :)

Same, same.  I am not doing a very good job forgetting that they should arrive soon.  Fall is here and I'm feeling as needy as a child.

I forgot all about those incoming Naval boots and then decided to look in my emails to see how long ago it was that I placed the order. And then my face hit my desk as I realized I pre-ordered the Tanker Boot instead of the Naval Boot. Normally not a problem as I actually prefer the style of the Tanker except for the fact I already own a #8 Tanker! :brick: :censored:

That was totally my bad due to not paying attention in some correspondence with Leffot. :fu:

If anybody is looking for a 7.5E #8 Tanker, feel free to let me know as I will have an unworn pair available once these come in.

MI, Really sorry to hear! I am sure those tankers will go quick!

Congrats Alpina! Good things come to those who wait!

-Mike

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

From yesterday: Leather Soul Alpine Grain v-tips. I wish I would have worn these more this summer - the Alpine Grain always looks fantastic in the sunshine.
I like these a lot. I will be looking for a pair.
Mine look exactly the same shade and I wouldn't exchange for any other. You've got a keeper my friend!
Great color rtp. The shade is perfect indeed. I'm always worried now about the shade until I see the actual shoes irl.
In honor of the soon-approaching season, and MDubs' service: Go down, MDubs Way down to Egypt Land Tell Old Pharoah To Let my Alden's go!
That's what I was trying to say. Funny story, he led another pair my way today. I kid because mdubs is the coolest and most generous guy.
Quick stop at the mall...certainly not for shoes/boots
Great boots, interesting photo.
whiskey nst argyles otc
2ccmjdk.jpg
Stunning uncle Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads