1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Quote:I did the same with the #8 Dover from Leffot. Was a bit to hard for me to get past the wide welt and plain toe. A LWB might look a bit better to me. My 975s I haven't really noticed it.

1 person likes this.
  2. katch

katch Well-Known Member

Although the 990s are great, I think they are are redundant. I would go for a different makeup.

1 person likes this.
  3. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

I see JCrew continues to run awesome makeups in that beautiful green hunting suede, but in sizes I can't wear. Does anyone know if I can contact them and get an "add to run" in 3E width for future makeups? And if so what the right contact address is? Also, other retailers who may be offering similar shoes (hunting green suede, Barrie last).

TIA

4. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Well-Known Member

Loving the knowledge in this thread! Quite obsessed with Alden since I acquired a (pretty rough) pair from another SF member
    Alden for Brooks Brooks brothers shell cordovan after some work (couldn't find the correct bags for them so I opted for some BB ones)
    [​IMG]

5. TtownMD

TtownMD Well-Known Member

I have talked with the stylist & asked them exact same question for a gift. And nope they don't it's what you see is,what you get my man.

6. JSO1

JSO1 Well-Known Member

I don't know if anyone has tried, but I haven't heard of anyone doing that. I would call J.Crew's customer service number and see what they tell you about special ordering a size. I don't imagine it would be hard to do, but logistically it might be too difficult to coordinate with the proper person at J.Crew who actually places orders at Alden... it's unlikely that the first-line customer service reps would know, so see if you can get the request escalated or talk to someone higher up.

You could also try emailing Alden directly (general@aldenshoe.com) and see if they can tell you who they deal with at J.Crew, otherwise you can try to ask Alden if they will just make the pair for you, but that seems unlikely.

You could also try reaching out to Kathy at Alden DC and see if the Alden warehouse happens to have any odd sizes in a particular makeup you want.

The only other way I can see is to try and get a retailer to run that style (or a very similar one to avoid exclusivity issues) and get your size added to that run.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  7. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

990s with that creasing issue for $548 out the door is a fair to excellent deal. You will have creasing in that area for both shoes after just one wear. I would snag them if you are looking for a nice pair of shell bluchers.

2 people like this.
  8. linafelt

linafelt Well-Known Member

My daughter took this action shot of Indys as I was cleaning gutters. She said, "You can post it for your nerdy boot friends." So here 'tis:

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  9. JSO1

JSO1 Well-Known Member

Those are Ravello shell. Style #2259 (their website lists the style number) is the Ravello shell Cap-Toe Blucher on Aberdeen. Same as the Cigar shell model (24802), Color #8 shell (2160), and Black shell (2161).

10. bantone

bantone Well-Known Member

Here's another example of the creasing so you may have a point.

[​IMG]

The soles were definitely worn in store a few times but I don't have a pic of them.

11. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Well-Known Member

#4 yesterday

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  12. ClassyCanuck

ClassyCanuck Well-Known Member

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, a...

AHave had these for about 15 months and I don't think I have ever brushed them. I wipe them down once in a while and that's about it.
    These get worn once every two weeks maybe. I need to wear them more often m, they're just a good looking shoe.

Big cuffs on cheap selvedge, Barbour and gunboats on a rainy day.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 person likes this.
  13. HenryIII

HenryIII Well-Known Member

Gentlemen, thank you

14. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

The second there is a discount code that works I am on that hunting green wing.

15. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

The Epaulet Inns Michigan is the first Mich boot I have liked....perfect build-all eyelets on commando...and only smaller sizes left 1 minute after email received....

16. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

^ I agree on that Michigan boot looking pretty good.

If somebody ever offered that boot with the commando sole and all eyelets but in #8 shell, I would be all over it. IMO, the Van is such a nicer looking last than the TruBalance.

17. HenryIII

"I said goddamn! Goddamn."

1 person likes this.
  18. HenryIII

King PCT Boots x JCrew
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  19. bkotsko

bkotsko Well-Known Member

For the record, every size is smaller than yours. Hehe[​IMG]

20. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

Thanks! Had to kop these, saw them in store yesterday. Sorry for the poor office lighting, makes everything look more olive.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.