1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

Kwhitelaw, Which boot is off? Both look good to me

2. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

I thought the left boot (right on screen) had some fairly off alignment of that first row of eyelets, but I was looking at it on my phone.

3. totalair1

totalair1 Well-Known Member

It appears there is just a section of lighter colored shell. Fairly common IMHO and actually sought after in LHS and some other designs from Alden. If the color difference is the only issue I would consider keeping them. Whiskey by far is the hardest to get completely uniform and without flaws (spots) in the shell itself.

Steve

4. totalair1

totalair1 Well-Known Member

I've had a few pairs like this. I loosened them up and shifted the flaps around a little and it seemed to take care of the majority of the alignment issue.

Steve

5. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

I've had the same experience on a few pair, including on my Plaza-lasted Indy Boots. After wearing them a handful of times and playing around with the laces, the misalignment problems always seem to go away.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  6. shoelover

shoelover Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice. I emailed Alden and Frans Boone. If they will refund all the charges, I will send them back. If I have to pay shipping, I am gonna keep them. That is over $50 in shipping alone.

7. Matty123

Matty123 Well-Known Member

Blasphemer you are.

8. chipshot

chipshot Well-Known Member

First ever Double Leather with Commando Soles. Wow! What a treat to the feet!! I hope the wear on the rubber heels and forefoot holds up well. Comfort 1000+
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10 people like this.
  9. Shawnc

Shawnc Well-Known Member

Last bit of advice. Try to get the shipping back but don't let that drive the decision. $50 is far too little to drive a $800 purchase that will last a lifetime. If you truly can't live the the misalignment, return the boots and use the proceeds to fund your next purchase. Limited funds and the high price of shell means most of us have to spend wisely. No way I keep an $800 pair of boots I don't love over $50.

FWIW, l just returned a pair of boots to FB and they were very easy to deal with. I ordered the black NST's but Alden forgot to put the stitching on the nose of the boot so they just looked like defective Indy's. But I digress.......

10. shoelover

If it's not a lot of trouble, can you detail for me how that went? What were shipping return charges, how long did it take to be refunded, etc. I called ups and they quoted me over $214. I know that can't be right.

11. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Well-Known Member

:puzzled: wtf?

12. Shawnc

Shawnc Well-Known Member

No trouble at all. FB emailed the link for a return shipping label so I didn't have to pay the shipping. As with any international shipment, you get 4 copies and include them with the package. I have a UPS store nearby but they also gave the option of pickup. I scheduled it for a day my son was working from home and he gave the package and papers to the UPS guy. I think it was back in FB's hands in roughly 48 hours and two hours after that, my purchase price had been refunded to my PayPal account. It really was quite seamless.

The only difference I can see with your situation is whether FB considers your issue a defect. With mine, there was no question and they didn't balk at all about covering the shipping.

13. shoelover

Thanks. I am glad to know they are easy to work with. It's late there, so I assume it will be tomorrow befor I hear from them.

14. Resistant

Resistant Well-Known Member

Whisky and Wool Chups

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    4 people like this.
  15. Alpina

Alpina Well-Known Member

16. z8k1n

z8k1n Well-Known Member

Whiskey Chukka
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  17. shoelover

UPDATE:

I just heard from Frans and they are taking care of everything. Full refund plus shipping both ways. Gotta say an unfortunate situation is definitely alieviated by stellar customer service. Highly recommended.

18. jhcam8

jhcam8 Well-Known Member

They'll probably even out some as they wear in. If they're comfy, I'd keep them.

19. jhcam8

jhcam8 Well-Known Member

Darn cute - and the golden and deer are nice, too. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.