• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Why was it ever taken out?  Summer heat?  Too nice to remove from rotation!
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Dunno really. Not the heat. I wear other boots all the time. I guess it doesn't matter cause they're back!

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

cigar lwb
argyles otc

RecoveringChef

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question about fitment in suede Aldens:

If I size down a half size in the shell Barrie LWB, but it still feels rather roomy at the toe, and I'm looking at a suede Barrie LWB would it be wise to size down another half size? I'm an 11D on the Brannock and have a 10.5D in the 975 (and it feels roomy at the toe, never tight even with thick socks) and I'm looking at a couple of suede LWBs. One is a 10.5 and one is a 10. I'll likely be going commando often in suede and/or with thin socks. What are your thoughts? I appreciate any input.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

cigar lwb
argyles otc

Oh my word, that olive shade of cigar... that shine... perfectly toned edge trim...

Those would be my grail cigar lwb. I am on a list for a pair from DC for the fall and it makes me sad knowing they will look nothing like this haha.

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Oh my word, that olive shade of cigar... that shine... perfectly toned edge trim... 

Those would be my grail cigar lwb.  I am on a list for a pair from DC for the fall and it makes me sad knowing they will look nothing like this haha.

nephew,
thank you
I hope you are pleasantly surprised with your new acquisition

gforce

Reaction score

i totally agree with you. Charles is very helpful. they have been working with Alden for over 20 yrs & only have Modified last. first they size you up with the Brannock device & give you the Ideal shoe to try. i bought 2 pairs when i visited them & from then on they update me with NEW  arrivals in my size, send me pics for me to choose. everyone should visit them when in Paris

Did you go TTS? I argued with them about it for awhile, finally gave in, went TTS as they suggested, and they are my best fitting, most comfortable Aldens.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

cigar lwb
argyles otc

Great, great, great. Love the cigars uncle Mac.

Those would be my grail cigar lwb.  I am on a list for a pair from DC for the fall and it makes me sad knowing they will look nothing like this haha.

+1
I prefer cigar with olive tones. My newer cigars are nice but don't have the shade I'm looking for.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Assuming the 110 is commando, it is an AoC makeup.

Yes, it is the 975 shell longwing with a commando sole. Assuming it is exclusive to AoC, right? Nothing to do but wait?

Alden will not recraft a shoe with a leather sole with a commando or crepe sole will they?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads