• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

king lhs
argyles otc

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Even Macs basic LHS look stunning, the antique edge with the color 8 is awesome looking. I would much prefer that to the black edge.

I have been asking Leffot for 2+ years to do a 986 with antique. A few months ago they were going to offer it and then that Dover sold so quickly they allocated their shell allotment to more of them. I was bummed

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been asking Leffot for 2+ years to do a 986 with antique. A few months ago they were going to offer it and then that Dover sold so quickly they allocated their shell allotment to more of them. I was bummed

Damn they should really do them, I think they look fantastic.

circleslife

Reaction score

king lhs
argyles otc

A good illustration of why I can't reconcile to the LHS though it seems comfortable. It just doesn't seem to keep the line when you wear them with the top line popping out and forming a curve.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Even Macs basic LHS look stunning, the antique edge with the color 8 is awesome looking. I would much prefer that to the black edge.

nephew,
thank you-custom work done by nick at bnelson

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nephew,
thank you
good shine on your ptb. the swims would not properly protect your shoes in last nights and tonight thunderstorms. you need tingley overshoes
Thanks Uncle. I guess I'll use this pair of swims for wet or light rainy days. I have something else for torrential down-pours and snow-days.

Quote: Thanks Ironclad for the kind words. The overshoes aren't really supposed to be a fashion statement, just something to get me to work where I can easily remove them.

Okay, maybe it is just me, but I really do not get this whole swims thing. Do you take it off when you get indoors or something? I think you poor Ravellos look sad in that overshoe. I would feel bad for them if they had to be covered up the whole day... I personally just wear Bostonians on the 3 days of heavy rain we get per year... On light rain days, I go with my #8 Perf Tip, my dedicated victims.

-Mike
We have wet conditions (not necessarily heavy down-pours) pretty regularly. I only wear the overshoes to get me to work and back when needed as MoneyWellSpent explained earlier. I wouldn't wear it all day. BTW, your whiskey PTBs look outstanding. I love the shade; better than the sw bals I own. Although, it may just be your exceptional photography!
biggrin.gif

Great shoes and combo rtp.
Thanks DV. Your my inspiration, my friend!

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Severe thunder storms and heavy down-pours forecasted tonight. Took out my "Swims Monster Boot Overshoes" for the first time. They were a Christmas gift; gortex/waterproof and great for heavy rain and snow days. Kind of warm though, for summer-use. Natural Chromexcel LWBs for a family night out for fireworks...

masaccio

Reaction score

That is hilarious. Soap. Rinse. Push up. Push up again. And again. And again. And continue. Not much subtl about that. Thanks for sharing.

I popped @ClassyCanuck's avatar into Google's image search a few months ago.

Was not disappointed by the diversion.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@RTP, I have been trying to find the Swims Monters. Nice find. They seem great for boot protection during inclement days

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@RTP, I have been trying to find the Swims Monters. Nice find. They seem great for boot protection during inclement days
I think my wife found them on ebay back in December. She said she got them for $65; pretty good price. I think Allen Edmonds still has them on line but for retail ($150). I haven't seen them anywhere else.

With a grail boot coming this fall, I'll put the monsters to good use!

Last edited:

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why wear overshoes with a boot? It seems like fetishistic overkill to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads