1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katch

katch Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of the modified last. That being said, I do have a pair of plain toe boots in #8 that is going up on ebay (buy/sell) soon

2. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Well-Known Member

Yes. About 4 months ago. Only offered to those who's Ravello and Cigar orders from 2014 had a snafu.

3. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

BB King tassels

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

5. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

Ah gotcha. Thanks!

6. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Looking great DV! Good to see you on regularly again!
    They are still in production. We probably are just down to weeks instead of months but keep in mind Alden just got back into production after their summer break this week and so I am sure there is a process for stopping and restarting that slows things down all together, like you don't want to leave shoes on the lasts that whole time...
    Absolutely killer Don! Love the Color 8 BB Tassel! -Mike

1 person likes this.
  7. AndyC

AndyC Well-Known Member

Are you talking the SW Bal order for AOM, Mike? Can't believe 3 1/2 months has already gone by.

8. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

Ah, see, you must embrace the creases. I heart chukkas, especially that gorgeous cigar one you have.

9. JSO1

JSO1 Well-Known Member

Which color was the SW Bal order? Cigar? I assume they filled up, but I am seriously craving an Alden SW Bal.

10. JR Magat

JR Magat Well-Known Member

I emailed Kathy from Alden DC to see if there was a 8D available. No 8D's but she did say they have a few pairs available. I asked her for sizes available and I'll post here if I hear back.

EDIT: Kathy replied saying she is still sorting thru the orders to see what will be available, but mostly D widths this round

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  11. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Quote:These are all spoken for pre-orders I assume?

The snafu was AoM. DC I'm not sure about a recent deliver. You can always call and ask though. Sometimes they have extras and as far as I know don't limit the order sizes to just size requests. They do a whole size run. AoM only submits for requested sizes. Granted I've only gotten in on one order so far with them but it seems thats how it runs with them.

12. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Well-Known Member

13. Mghart

Mghart Well-Known Member

Does DC do cigar with just black edges or antique? Both? I should get on a list for those and whiskey with whoever does one.

14. keithp3521

keithp3521 Well-Known Member

Henry, have you ever polished your color 8s? I have the shoes. I have the polish. Wondering whether to put them together or just stick with regular, vigorous brushing. Thanks.

15. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

16. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

It's a Shortwing Blucher, not Balmoral. It was actually originally supposed to be a Balmoral, which is why it is on the Hampton Last, but is now a Blucher.
    See above. Not a Balmoral that is a typo or misunderstanding.
    It depends model to model. I believe the only model they do on Dark Edges are the LWB. Technically it's a Mohagony Edge and not Black. But she does the PTB, LHS and CT Boot on the Tan Antique Edge.

2 people like this.
  17. Shawnc

Shawnc Well-Known Member

This has been my experience with Kathy as well. She is definitely at the top of the list of Alden retailers in CS.

1 person likes this.
  18. Watchman1

Watchman1 Well-Known Member

Which is actually why I was signed up originally to get that model...and then backed out when its blucher nature was made manifest...

Since then I have been feverishly searching for a Ravello/Cognac/Brandy full brogue oxford/short wing balmoral to no avail...

Until now...[​IMG]

19. JSO1

JSO1 Well-Known Member

Details?

20. Watchman1

Watchman1 Well-Known Member

Dude, you got one of the best looking models available already......Carmina 922 in Cognac....

I had that same shoe and it did not fit properly...

It was a sad day indeed in the life of the Watchman when I had to ship those off...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.