1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yesssir

yesssir Well-Known Member

Thanks I'll try a half size up from my barrie size. It's amazing how everyone sizes Aldens differently. I measure a 11C on the brannock but all of my barrie lasted Aldens are 10D. 10.5D are way too big for me but it sounds like it will fit with the PCT.

2. TtownMD

TtownMD Well-Known Member

My barannock is totally messed up it says I am size 11 in reality I fit 9.5 US

3. bm93

bm93 Well-Known Member

Yeah it can be a little hard to figure out. I tried on a pair of Barrie longwings in size 8.5D and they were definitely too big, yet my PCT boots in size 8.5D fit great.

EDIT: I'm referring to the Alden x J.Crew PCT boots, which by many accounts run small. I'm not sure about other Alden PCT boots.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  4. BootSpell

BootSpell Well-Known Member

Here's my experience, fwiw. I went with conventional wisdom and went a half down from Brannock as with all my Barrie boots. They are a good fit although I really can't wear thick socks with them.

5. TtownMD

This is correct also

6. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

The suede brush was nothing special. Just something my wife had on hand that she may have picked up years ago at Aldo maybe. Really similar to something like this. Has the hard bristles on one side and rubber on the other.

http://www.valentinogaremi.com/deluxe-suede-brush-p-107.html

I really want to pick up a crepe brush though soon for my tan and snuff suede Aldens.

7. chipshot

chipshot Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Have a good Whiskey on Wednesday .. My favorite color LHS next to #8.

5 people like this.
  8. prez

prez Well-Known Member

9. victorioussiry

victorioussiry Active Member

good to see that alden QC is holding it down well tho [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

I can't really argue with the experiences of others here but I have multiple pairs of Barrie boots (4) and my JCrew PCT boots seem to fit just the same as the others. As with most things YMMV.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  11. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

Joining Chipshot on this Whiskey Wednesday with my LHS. These are pretty snug on my instep but thankfully I always wear with a thin sock liner. If I get a pair in #8 I might size up to wear with socks. Curious how and 8D in the Van would fit, wish my local Alden retailer stocked them to try.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  12. chipshot

These look sick bro!

13. totalair1

totalair1 Well-Known Member

14. duff406

duff406 Well-Known Member

First full day afield in my new Alden McCoppin boots. The leather is definitely a lot "stiffer" than I was expecting, and will take some breaking in. But pretty comfy for a first day.

[​IMG]

I think these trousers could be a little shorter, but this is as short as I could convince the tailor to cuff them. Not too long, but could go up a bit I feel...

1 person likes this.
  15. TtownMD

16. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

Probably the wrong thread to get too into it but this last says TTS - eg 11US = 10UK for these boots.

17. chipshot

Trousers are good to
    Go.. Some break is nice when you cross your legs.

18. gsgleason

gsgleason Well-Known Member

Brannock sizing is really not that helpful. It tells us the max length and max width, but so many fit issues have more to do with the general shape of our foot, especially our toes.

A lot of Aldens (and most nice shoes) have a lot of space in front of where one's big toe would be, but how the tow box tapers really is the determining factor.

Anyway, I also need a half size larger with the JCrew PCT boot. I am pretty sure it's due to the flat welt vs the more typical reverse welt that most barrie lasted shell models have.

I have heard the same thing about the leffot tanker which also is on a flat welt. When I get my 12, I'll see if they fit or if they're too large.

19. TtownMD

Good to know & thank you for your input.

20. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

PTBs in ocho.
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.