• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

REguy

Reaction score

Good job on the ravello tassels mdubs. This thread needs more posts like this in which patina and restoration/care are prized. Sometimes all of the fetishization of new make ups leaves me shrugging. Alden's time tested classics are awesome, and shoes should be worn not stowed away untouched in a closet.

Happy Friday. Cheers.

Smoothie speaks the truth

Buckeye Nation

Reaction score
@mdubs
@MrDV

EDIT (since the gif doesn't appear to be working, hats off to both of you)

Last edited:

LittleViti

Reaction score

974 today with some light grey flannel trousers for a not-so-casual Friday

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wondering how these will fit, Dover pattern but lined, all the Unlined Dovers I've tried felt a bit snugger than the lined PTB's , interesting model for sure.
I think it is the unlined aspect that makes the unlined dovers fit more snugly, not the dover pattern itself. (So the lined ones won't be as snug as the unlined counterpart.)

Last edited:

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The method that I used on them was to buff with a moist towel, brush for a long time, buff with a dry towel, rub main creases and nicks with a deer bone, brush again, buff with a dry towel, and then I did a Saphir Reno and Neutral Cordovan Cream job to get them nourished and back to beautiful. Finally, I brushed them again and then buffed them.

Sadly, their new owner, of whom they will actually fit, will be taking them on today. But, I know that they will be in great hands (or feet, whatever).

Have an awesome Friday fellow Alden aficionados.

-Mike
My friend,
you need to develop an application for adoption/acquisition process to ensure that the new proud parents will care for your children as well as you have! They are beautiful; if they were 10D I might have applied!

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
^^ If I were Dubs, I'd have an open adoption so I could visit them on occasion.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time taking Cigar on the road, I really like the boot - but the money maker is the Whiskey SW, I love the style and fit of this shoe. I need to buy it in #8 at some point soon...

Cheers,
BN
The only version I've seen readily available is the one from AoC on commando. Great shoe, highly recommend!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

BTW, the ravello SWB is my quintessential grail... far greater than any color 4 make-up or other rare shell boots or shoes.
nod[1].gif

(but that may just be me)
[Edit: I just realized that I mistakenly saw your whiskey balmorals as ravello shortwing bluchers; my bad, but still a great shoe]

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find myself reaching for these a lot more than I expected...

agygugy3.jpg

8a9e5una.jpg

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wondering how these will fit, Dover pattern but lined, all the Unlined Dovers I've tried felt a bit snugger than the lined PTB's , interesting model for sure.

These look stunning. Probably the perfect derby shoe for me.

I was told by an SA many months ago that these would come in around June. I kept asking about them and every SA said I had heard wrong; the first SA had said these were stuck at the warehouse, but nobody could confirm this. Now, I see them in stock.

Will have to try them on today and grab a pair if they look/feel good.

Side note:

I am considering a natty cxl shoe/boot. Options:

1) Alden PTB
2) Alden Indy
3) Viberg Derby (current MTO)

Thoughts?

I love my Viberg black cxl boot--construction is top notch--but the Viberg Derby is easily 30% more money than the Alden options.
Really worth it to spend that much more for just a natty cxl pair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads