1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

What's the sole like on those, I think they look great!

2. totalair1

totalair1 Well-Known Member

Burzan-The Alden sole is called Mocc driving sole. These are very comfy, but not clunky.

Steve

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. totalair1

totalair1 Well-Known Member

The were some other close out style at the DC store. Actually a pretty big area, shoes and boots. Check with the store to see what they had.

Steve

4. Jhnkago

Jhnkago Member

My Indys finally came in and I've had the pleasure of owning them for 1 day. However, after a days worth of wear for no more than 8 hours, the left boot seems to be demonstrating an unusual sort of creasing on the left foot that stretches even beyond the stitching and looks like a blood-vein.
    [​IMG]

There's also some strange brown-spotted discoloration at the tip of the boot right below the stitching, which also extends between the stitching as well that does not appear anywhere on the right foot boot.

Is there something perhaps wrong with the leather on this boot that I should perhaps raise to Alden?

For reference, here are pics of my Oak Street Boots in brown Chromexcel
    [​IMG]

Viberg Service Boots in Horween's Chicago Tan Latigo
    [​IMG]

Both older with more wear but exhibiting little to none of the creasing demonstrated on my new Alden's.

Just to be clear, I don't think the act of creasing is unusual. In fact, here's a picture of the right boot. The creasing to me looks natural. It looks fine. Despite still being sightly excessive.

[​IMG]

My biggest concern is with the fact that the creases look very thick and unnatural on the left boot almost like cracked leather, how it extends past the stitching which I don't see in almost every Alden Indy boot photos except for the excessively old, worn-to-death pairs, and the strange discoloration on the tip under right below the stitching on the tip.

And these boots are only 1 day old, literally. Worn for no more than 8 hours, so they should be pretty brand new. They were not beaten excessively, or bent at the forefoot with any sort of pressure. They were worn normally as any boot you would be breaking in for the first time, slightly walking as if you were waddling.

Is there something perhaps wrong with my left boot? Would appreciate your advice on this matter.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  5. Organika

Organika Well-Known Member

Judging by the photo this is very common fat wrinkling found on chromexcel and your vamp has a mild case, unfortunately one wrinkle into the toe box area. If you feel the leather is a little dry, venetian cream or some other natural conditioner will help and will also mellow out any color variance. I'd keep em.

6. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

7. KPDarb

KPDarb Well-Known Member

These are insane. Amazing shoe, MrDV

8. Akeem

Akeem Well-Known Member

This is a typical characteristic for cxl. Happened to mine as well. I sold it a few months later because it stretched out too much.

9. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

Gracias amigo!

10. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

thanks for the kind words gentlemen.
    holy crap! so nice.
    strong work ben. great boots.
    welcome back my friend. the boots are [​IMG]
    very nice sazon. i like these more and more. i'm trying to resist because i'm on 2 other brown suede boot pre-orders....
    nice call sir.

11. Allen Dreadmon

Allen Dreadmon Well-Known Member

This pic is from Leffot's site. Anyone know anything about that red LHS?!

[​IMG]

12. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Well-Known Member

13. Allen Dreadmon

Allen Dreadmon Well-Known Member

I think it might be. But it looks very red in this particular pic to me. Almost like #4 CXL... But I think you're right.

14. smoothie1

smoothie1 Well-Known Member

I think that's just the lighting...

15. RobinM

RobinM Well-Known Member

That's the nature of pull up leather

16. 90shilling

90shilling Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Leffot Dover - these are the darkest and least burgundy/purple shade of color 8 that I've seen. In the months since the Jan preorder my interest/obsession had waned and I had thought about selling them, but now that I see them in real life, WOW.

2 people like this.
  17. KPDarb

KPDarb Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if B&M color 8 PTB with antique edge is dover cut? I know its unlined and single flex sole but it does not specify.

18. jhcam8

jhcam8 Well-Known Member

The point of Natural CXL is that it looks worn in fast. I'd say yours are fine - they're work boots and you bought leather that makes them look old quickly. Isn't the idea of work wear to look like you're working or thinking about it, anyway?

I recall Jon Carimanica writing in a review of Leffot that Steven came out in a week old pair of CXL longwings that looked like he'd been beating them up for 6 months. Jon was so impressed that he bought a pair of CXL Indy's as I recall.

Just enjoy them for a different look than your other boots, is my free advice. :)

19. prez

prez Well-Known Member

Yenni told me that they are Dover cut .
    I am on the preorder as well.

20. 90shilling

90shilling Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A comparison shot of color 8 to show the espresso/cigar shade of the Leffot Dovers. I'm sure they'll lighten up to more of a burgundy/eggplant color with use.

7 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.