1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhcam8

jhcam8 Well-Known Member

I know Airdale, but what's Oorang? Lucky he doesn't have a taste for leather.

2. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Well-Known Member

I still keep them all in boxes outside of when they're in rotation. They get shifted to the closet by the door in those instances. Here's a photo from last year. I've added a few Alden's since and have 4 still on preorder. Yes, I also like Jordan Brand.
    [​IMG]

3. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Great looking system! I just have my shoes all over the place in my "home office" which now has nothing in it except shoes. I just keep the shoes on their boxes, because as others have pointed out, their boxes our a little on the small size. I just put my shoe bags on top of my shoes, but don't put the shoes in them.
    Ha! No worries, I like the pics and have actually thought of doing this myself. I think the people at the Costco Photo Center would freak out when they give me the pics if I printed all my shoes at once...
    Sorry bud! There is another San Diegan who wears 10.5B Barrie and another who is a 10D... -M

4. Bbombers85

I'm one of the lucky ones to have the same size as @MrDV. He's helped me out on one pair. 10D [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

MrDV and I have traded shoes a few times... ;-)

1 person likes this.
  6. latestyle

latestyle Active Member

I'm glad to know this is a coat closet...........At first glance it looked like a refrigerator..... [​IMG].....no comment.......

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  7. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

love this.
    used to keep mine in bags, changed to a similar set up about a year ago and like it much better. i like to see my options in the morning.
    true story, i tried to buy a pair of lwbs from @mdubs not realizing i had an identical pair at home. hiding in dust bags.
    i dust them every couple of weeks. it's actually kind of fun.
    deposit down at ls. i hope they look as nice as yours. and hope they come sometime this year.
    [​IMG] i have to make room, i'm over my limit.
    he's a very dangerous man.

8. mrfixit

mrfixit Well-Known Member

we are similar sizes in both. if you are ever looking to trade, holler. haha. is that a white martial arts belt there or straps to a bag?

9. Sparky1500

Sparky1500 Well-Known Member

I laughed out loud when I read this! You might also think its a refrigerator because there are 2 LED light strips that run up the inside corners from floor to ceiling on both sides of the door. The LED strips light up automatically when the door is opened, illuminating all shelves equally. Haven't worked on a climate-controlled system yet. Yeah, I know, I got issues..... <g>

10. JR Magat

JR Magat Well-Known Member

Nice to see/read how everyone stores (or displays) their shoe collections! Mine is over 20 deep now and are on cedar tree racks (from amazon) which holds only 12 pairs total (3 x 4), and then I have like 6 pairs scattered on the floor and another 3 in my closet by the front door... lol... As of now they are not in shoe bags, but I just brush them off before wear... if a pair is collecting too much dust, then maybe it's time to sell them ;)

The next house i'll plan for set up something similar to this... my ultimate closet envy (hope the link works): https://instagram.com/p/1TSdC7wIHo/
    (instagram: thepacman82)

11. Bbombers85

If you're clearing out, would love to hear what's up for sale!

Straps to a bag. Will keep you posted. I'm all about wearing my sneakers and Alden's. However, there is one pair of sneakers I don't know if I'll ever wear - my Air Jordan 1 Jeters.

12. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

respect to those that keep proper shoe/boot organization. I, on the other hand, let things fall wherever they may lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Snuff Suede LWBs that are now in the possession of @HenryIII ... ;-)

-Mike

1 person likes this.
  14. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Ha! That is more my speed KDubs!

15. Sparky1500

Sparky1500 Well-Known Member

Next week when I'm back in town (and it's a sunny day, of course!)

16. ctkim

ctkim Well-Known Member

I just got some new Alden Unlined Suede Chukkas. These are my first aldens and I love them, however the edge of the back of the shoe is digging into my achilles and breaking skin.

Has anyone had this issue before? Is this part of the "break-in" process?

The back of the shoe is very stiff and I don't know if it'll ever become soft. Maybe I need to develop some callouses on my achilles or something.

17. Bbombers85

I had this issue with my color 8 chukka a and cigar PTB. It went away after a few wears and break-in. That being said, you should make your own determination if your shoe is simply too tight.

18. marvaments

marvaments Well-Known Member

I'm experiencing the same thing on only one shoe. Hoping with more wears it goes away...

19. Ohatride

Ohatride Member

Do the plain toe boots look more ravello than cigar? Color 8 for color comparison.

[​IMG]

Here's another comparison with a pair of 403s:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  20. Jazzitdown

Jazzitdown New Member

Hi all,

I'm curious if anyone has both an Alden Barrie last shoe and a Hampton. I currently own a pair of Alden Longwing Cordovans in the Barrie last and they fit perfect. They are an 8 D/EE. I'd really like to buy either the Perf Tip Bal or the Medallion Tip Bal in the Hampton last but am unsure what size to order. My best guess based on sizing I've read around the web is 8.5 EE or 8.5 EEE. Does anyone know which one I should order? Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.