1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mddb83

mddb83 Active Member

Hey everybody, I just received a pair of snuff suedes and while one of the shoes is gorgeous, the other has a couple of issues. I wanted to get feedback from the forum to see if it's worth returning etc. or if I'm just being nitpicky. These are not factory seconds. I'll try to describe what the problem is for each pic:

On the front perfing of the shoe, the two center holes seem to be filled with dark dirt. The two light scrapes extending from the right center hole are actual scrapes.
    [​IMG]

Here's another angle on the dirt filled holes. Also, there is a similar dirt scrape emanating from lower perfing in this picture that crosses the intersecting perfing.
    [​IMG]

There are actual scrapes on the side of the shoe as well.
    [​IMG]

More vertical scrapes on back quarter and there are the remnants of thin plastic around the heel where it meets the rest of the shoe (not just the visible piece here - it didn't show up very well in the pic.
    [​IMG]

What are everyone's thoughts? The other shoe is beautiful but this one seems a bit messed up for a full-price, new shoe.

2. skeptical jesus

skeptical jesus Well-Known Member

I get mine from Banana Republic and they've been great. No slippage at all, and pretty cheap if you get them at one of their many 40% sales.

3. KPDarb

KPDarb Well-Known Member

Take a suede brush to them. It should even out the marks and take out whatever that dirt stuff might be. The plastic is from the lasting process. The uppers are wrapped in plastic to hold in moisture and protect it from marks such as that. Totally normal. Just give the brush a try and see what happens. It shouldn't affect your ability to return them but maybe someone else here knows better. Good luck!

4. mddb83

mddb83 Active Member

Thanks - much appreciated! I love them in all other respects and they are insanely comfortable, so I'm hoping it's an easy fix.

5. docalden2013

docalden2013 Well-Known Member

Ravello wtb from TSM

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  6. schmallo15

schmallo15 Well-Known Member

Not sure if there's a Uniqlo near you but I have been wearing Uniqlo no-show socks for 7-8 years now and have been quite pleased. They have little rubber grips on the back to keep them on your heel. I'm a size 9 on brannock.

7. KPDarb

KPDarb Well-Known Member

They're beautiful. Hope it works out! post pictures of the results [​IMG]

8. walds11

walds11 Well-Known Member

There is a Uniqlo near me. I'll check 'em out. Thanks for the tip!

9. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

Finally took the Ravello WT Boots for their maiden voyage last night
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  10. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Well-Known Member

Saz, you have to wear them in order for them to be used. Just taking them with you for a drive doesn't count.:crackup:

11. gsgleason

gsgleason Well-Known Member

How long have you had them? I hope mine from AoM look as nice as these.

12. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

Nah, can't wear them just yet. They're just gonna accompany me in their box until 2016

These arrived from the shoe mart in Nov 2014.

13. BootSpell

BootSpell Well-Known Member

^ Man, Saz, that's willpower! I would have worn them right out of the box.

14. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Well-Known Member

this got me [​IMG]

15. Handcuffed

Handcuffed Well-Known Member

i'll be all:

[​IMG]

when those arrive

16. HenryIII

HenryIII Well-Known Member

Hey all, since we are on the topic of suede care, any suggestions for quality suede care products? I was thinking AE as I need a few other shoe care products from there. Thoughts?

17. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Well-Known Member

I use Saphir but I am sure the AE product is just as good. The key thing is the nano and a good stiff brush.

18. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

Just nano and a brush for me.

19. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

agreed

20. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

soooo went out to the water with the GF today. thought I'd take an artsy photo of my beaters getting beat so to speak..

[​IMG]

sweet, a little water is cool and all. but uhh maybe it's time to stop looking at the girls running by in yoga pants and move back from the shore a bit..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

soo then I sloshed my way back up the hill and bought the only large enough pair of socks the gift shop had..

[​IMG]

the indys surprisingly dried out almost immediately. just some salt stains to wipe down later in the day (and a handful of tiny tiny crabs to scoop out from inside them lol)

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.