• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
even better.. could you grasp the <extended> reach that Alden could have in this day and age if they had a dedicated person/team responsible for marketing etc? Clean up the website, trunk shows, similar MTO to what AE does with Allison?, cross marketing with online blogs etc...

Increased exposure would of course make acquisitions more difficult, but could also help with improving QC..

just a rambling thought or two.. someone from Alden, feel free to PM me
Frankly it has always surprised me that Alden does not do group MTO's like every other manufacturer.
From what I understand though, they are not even in the market of accepting new vendors for MTO styles.

rhythm

Reaction score
very random observations:

has anyone noticed how newer Aldens have a more detailed logo stamped onto the soles than prior models?

also on the LWB's, the wingtip pattern has a wider, more triangler 'tip' compared to older models (I happen to think this looks great, albeit subtle)

anyone know when these changes took place?

stewartu

Reaction score
Loving these. They are getting better with age. Going on about a year old with probably twenty-five wears.

thams

Reaction score
I might be throwing my ravello medallion cap toe shoes up on the marketplace today. I'm still really torn about the decision. The plaza last just pinches my pinkie toe, but fits perfectly everywhere else. I've considered having Kathy stretch them, but I don't want to force a shoe to fit if it's just not comfortable. Heartbroken because it's my first and only pair of ravellos.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the short wing blucher on the grant or tremont last for Alden DC? Either way, do people take the same size in both as the barrie?

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While it is not in my best interest to tell you this, are you sure lol?

Maybe they will break in a little more?

Last edited:

thams

Reaction score
Is the short wing blucher on the grant or tremont last for Alden DC? Either way, do people take the same size in both as the barrie?
If you're referring to the SW bals then they're on the tremont last which is TTS for me. It's only a step roomer than the grant last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads