1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typericey

typericey Well-Known Member

Noob here with a noob question. I don't live in the US but a relative is flying to Southern California (not SanFo) and I'm hoping he can help me get Indy 405's there. Are these readily available in any J.Crew store or are they an online only thing?

2. Salad

Salad Well-Known Member

There are numerous shops, not just Jcrew, in SoCal that should have a 405.
    Here's a list from the Alden website of dealers in California. All but 2 (San Francisco and Larkspur) are in Socal. Mind you, SoCal is a really large area so it would be best to find out exactly where your relative will be and go from there. Remember sizing on these run 1/2 large to your regular size so if you're a 9.5 you'd be safe to consider a 9.

http://www.aldenshoe.com/DrawStoreSearch.aspx?PageID=3

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  3. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

#8 nst
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Well-Known Member

Might anyone have pics of the green suede Indy that J Gilbert has? Can't seem to find any in their makeup, just the Unionmade one...

5. bkotsko

bkotsko Well-Known Member

JR is correct.
    I wear these ALL the time, and they age so well, yet clean up nicely.

6. JjasonL

JjasonL Well-Known Member

looks great, wish they had my size
    epaulet earth chamois?

7. mddb83

mddb83 Active Member

Any recommendations for Alden retailers in the Boston/Rhode Island area?

8. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

Hi guys. Was just having a close look at some boots I've yet to wear and saw something a little concerning (to my inexperienced eye). I've tried to take photos and will attempt to explain what's concerning me. It seems like I can almost see the stitching keeping the sole and upper attached when I look at the boot from the side. I recall seeing photos (I believe they were Indy's) where the sole appeared to be completely detaching from the upper, and wanted to me certain that this wasn't going to be happening here. Sorry if this comes across at neurotic, I just want to know if this is normal for flat welted shoes / boots, of which this is my first pair. Any ideas?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. szerwo

szerwo Well-Known Member

walked 7 miles in these today, some of the most comfortable boots i've owned. shot reflecting off the mirror skylights in DC.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

Excellent blucher DV. Highly underrated imo.

11. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Well-Known Member

I have this issue in a pair of cigar boots I bought from the B&S forum. I've worn them while traveling and in snow/slush, and the inseam hasn't separated so far (about 20 wears). If I had bought them from a retailer I'd probably have returned them tbh.
    But that's just a single observation - perhaps other forumites have more experience with this sort of thing

12. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

konbanwa... hello and welcome. I like your taste! Your written English is better than many here! [​IMG]

13. typericey

typericey Well-Known Member

Thanks Salad. Somehow the Alden website doesn't load right now. Could be site maintenance. I'll just check back often.

Btw, I'm a 9E on the Brannock. I'm guessing 8.5D on the Indy/trubalance should work. Someone please tell me if I'm wrong.

14. NWTeal

NWTeal Well-Known Member

Don't have them...yet. Just placed an order for them. I was looking for them earlier but could only find the dark brown ones and I was pretty disappointed and then I saw your post! I agree, they will be great for summer, and I love the foxing and contrast stitching. Somehow I went from hating loafers to having three pairs in 6 months.

1 person likes this.
  15. emidyl

emidyl Well-Known Member

should be good

16. BCHopeful

BCHopeful Active Member

Mr Sid in Newton, MA carries stock sizes as well as North River Outfitters in Boston, MA, but the best place to go is The Shoe Mart in CT

They are probably the best known retailer outside of the Company stores in Washington DC, San Francisco and Leffot in NYC.

I would recommend getting sized at one of the MA stores and purchasing online to get a better selection and no sales tax on the shoes... Instant savings...

17. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

great pick up Ben ! You'll love them. A great change from shell or calf.

3 people like this.
  18. JjasonL

JjasonL Well-Known Member

Those are some nice boots

19. breck81

breck81 Well-Known Member

Madison Tanks and Rogue Territory work trousers. Found some good light this morning.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Love them already!
    They pair perfectly with 21oz denim.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
    3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.