1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

If there was, they wouldn't have left my premises... But then again, then all my others wouldn't have fit!

2. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Well-Known Member

Duh-Duh-Duh-Dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyummmm!
    I have had those in my shopping cart atleast 25 times and i just haven't pulled the trigger. This may have pushed me over!

1 person likes this.
  3. z8k1n

z8k1n Well-Known Member

Thank you for the tip, I'm happy to hear them! And we'll have to agree to disagree here..these APCs have over 12yrs on them w patina to burn imo : )
    [​IMG]

4. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

delete

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  5. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

Great Whiskey's - I just got on a list myself and hopefully one day...

6. walds11

walds11 Well-Known Member

Mike, spread the wealth :) Just curious, how many pair of Alden's do you currently own?

7. newbiealden

newbiealden Well-Known Member

Received my jcrew 975 order last nights; AND they have clearly been tried on and as a result have creasing on the vamp (and that faint I have walked around the store look on the soles) I knew I was "in trouble" when it shipped to me from a local store location, rather than a warehouse. What to do what to do?

8. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Well-Known Member

^ I would send them back 975's are very common no need to accept less than NIB.

9. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Quote:The 20% off kinda makes you stick with Jcrew though. However I'm sure they'll take care of it though and find a good pair.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  10. newbiealden

Do you guys know if the in store inventory is reflected online? They look out of my size online.

11. loanshark

loanshark Well-Known Member

I was bidding on those too, but didn't win them. I thought the price would sky rocket but the winning bid seemed to be a fair price.

12. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Thanks. We tend to split the victories it seems. You got those Ravello tassels a few hours before I tried. :)
    Yes. Mike did a good job consigning them and we reached a fair deal. Kinda wish I was on top of eBay as they showed up there first for two hours with an insane (good) BIN price. Just hard to believe there are brand new #4 pairs out there. Kinda the same with the brand new truffle she'll AE I came across. 3 years old. Now if I could just find a #4 WTB :)
    Thanks!

13. zennypoo

zennypoo Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  14. schmallo15

schmallo15 Well-Known Member

Terrific news, Zenny! Now the waiting begins...

15. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

My wife would say too many.

1 person likes this.
  16. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

what a great pair of shoes. you wear them well.

17. SSgt93

SSgt93 Active Member

The promo clearly states that eligible items will say next to it if they are eligible. The Alden's do not say they are eligible. You can apply the code, but it will not show a discount in cart, today at least. Maybe you got lucky. I did not.

18. newbiealden

FYI - my email receipt said the same thing - and I received the shoe and discount. I guess it was one of those rare jcrew coupon codes that worked for Aldens; seemed like this happens maybe twice a year for a day

19. SSgt93

SSgt93 Active Member

I'm tempted to order and see If it works for me, but I'm leaning towards natural anyways, so I may eat the cost. Thanks for the info newbiealden.

20. JR Magat

JR Magat Well-Known Member

Mine is getting there... I got a text just now from her "I had to sign for another package for you" [​IMG]

I wonder what it could be because the J.Crew cadet package and whiskey LWB's from DC are both coming from UPS and haven't been delivered yet... At least she knows i'm selling a lot of stuff on ebay to recoup some of these expenses... lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.