• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicious49

Reaction score
I've been busy most of this week packing up the house. Just caught up on a bunch of pages but probably missed quite a few as well.

Got most of my shoes packed up but leaving out a few of my Dovers to use over the next 4 months or so.

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Plaza WT today. In & out...darkest 8 I've had.

Those are awesome.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I can't get the code to work. Where do I put it?

You have to go all the way through the checkout process. I couldn't pull the trigger. You're welcome 8D'ers.

Last edited:

gsgleason

Reaction score
I created an account, went through the check out process, put it in the promotion code box, clicked apply, and nothing changes. I've been hoping for some grant lasted cordovan cap toe boots for a while.

[edit]

It turns out it only applies to items already on sale. That explains it. Thanks anyway!

Last edited:

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have to go all the way through the checkout process. I couldn't pull the trigger. You're welcome 8D'ers.

Thank goodness a 7.5 isn't available or I would have had to pull the trigger at that price. Trubalance would not be my first choice of last though. The BB unlined version looks so much better imo, on what I think is the Barrie.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I created an account, went through the check out process, put it in the promotion code box, clicked apply, and nothing changes. I've been hoping for some grant lasted cordovan cap toe boots for a while.

The sale is an extra 25% off sale items only

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Thank goodness a 7.5 isn't available or I would have had to pull the trigger at that price. Trubalance would not be my first choice of last though. The BB unlined version looks so much better imo, on what I think is the Barrie.

+1. Trubalance killed it for me.

Sergey

Reaction score
I want buy Alden CXL LWB. I'm thinking about irregular in The Shoe Mart, my size 8D. How often do irregular CXL LWB available in The Shoe Mart?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I want buy Alden CXL LWB. I'm thinking about irregular in The Shoe Mart, my size 8D. How often do irregular CXL LWB available in The Shoe Mart?

No way to say. It depends on if Alden has irregulars for that model. It's a craps shoot.

Last edited:

Katzenjammer

Reaction score
I recently purchased a pair of Alden natural CXL Bluchers - they are gorgeous. I'm planning to use the neutral venetian cream.

However, as they age I'd like to nudge them into the direction of reddish brown rather than the greenish-brown tones/patina the leather often takes on. Is it okay to use a bit of, say, burgundy/no 8. shell cream on this leather? Not directly at full strength but mixing in a bit with the venetian cream?

Would that work or is that just absolutely insanely stupid? LOL :)

Last edited:

Vicious49

Reaction score
I clicked through there as soon as I got the email from Haberdash but nothing for 8.5D there.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I recently purchased a pair of Alden natural CXL Bluchers - they are gorgeous. I'm planning to use the neutral venetian cream.

However, as they age I'd like to nudge them into the direction of reddish brown rather than the greenish-brown tones/patina the leather often takes on. Is it okay to use a bit of, say, burgundy/no 8. shell cream on this leather? Not directly at full strength but mixing in a bit with the venetian cream?

Would that work or is that just absolutely insanely stupid? LOL :)
why use shell creme? there are plenty of calf polishes available if you want to play with the color a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads