• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike fite

Reaction score
Today is sad day. Got off work, got out of cab and took shoes off and low and behold.....heel is gone???!??
[/IMG]

Do I trust local shoe repair. It send them to alden. I don't have missing part to heel.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today is sad day. Got off work, got out of cab and took shoes off and low and behold.....heel is gone???!??

Do I trust local shoe repair. It send them to alden. I don't have missing part to heel.
BNelson or Alden direct.
If they are newer and not seconds, Alden may fix free.

REguy

Reaction score

Replacing a top lift is a job any cobbler should be able to handle with ease.

mike fite

Reaction score

Replacing a top lift is a job any cobbler should be able to handle with ease.

Thank you. They are originally bought by me. Only worn hand full of times. But that kinda made me a bit sad. Wondered how that happened.

jkater1

Reaction score

Friends, I was in Boston for the marathon over the weekend and brought some Saphir Cordovan Cream along for the ride just in case (one can never be too safe). I had it in the side of a weekender bag which was put under my seat. When I arrived home the glass had shattered and the cream was everywhere. Not the end of the world as the only other things in there were some cloths for buffing but a heads up if you are flying with the stuff, be careful!!

+1 I had a bottle that I bought from Leather Soul with a pair of shoes that leaked about 1/4 of it out of the top. The top was still in place, I figure it must've been a pressure issue on the plane during shipping.

[/IMG]

Crazy, I would send it back to Alden, they should fix that for free.

Last edited:

Buckeye Nation

Reaction score

Thank you. They are originally bought by me. Only worn hand full of times. But that kinda made me a bit sad. Wondered how that happened.

I've had this happen to me twice on AE shoes, a new pair and a pair I had the factory refurb.

Alden will take care of this for free, but you loose several weeks to a month - if that matters, then as other have suggested, any local cobbler can fix this for you.

Cheers,
BN

Last edited:

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[/IMG]

My guess is that Alden will fix for free but do you really feel like waiting a couple of months for such a basic repair? I'm with REguy, take it to a local cobbler. This is an easy fix.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, Friday is going to be a sad day for me: I put up my color 8 LWBs with antique edge for sale on Ebay. They just didn't fit right. Of all the different shoes I've worn, those color 8s are the only ones that women consistently said, 'Ooh, I love your shoes." As soon as Leffot has another pre-order, I'm going to replace them with my proper size. Guess I'm not alone in thinking that particular make-up is awesome: within an hour, those shoes had hundreds of views and bidding was up to more than half the retail price. I tell you, Aldens really hold their value.

There is good news in all of this, however: today I received a replacement pair, boots I've wanted for a long time: AF84 from Alden of Carmel, brown calfskin boots. I am in love all over again.

Boys, let me tell you: the customer service at Alden of Carmel is truly exceptional. I'm headed out of town tomorrow for bidness and I asked Adam at AoC if he could get them here to Alaska before I left and he did it. I have nothing but the highest praise for Adam and Alden of Carmel. I love the customer service at Leffot, too, BTW. But Adam is the Babe Ruth of cust svc.

Here's a pic of my new boots, just unwrapped. You can see my old Tricker's in the background. Funny how old and beat-up they look compared to brand-new Aldens.

Carry on, boys. And Alden always.

Here's the color 8 auction, if you're interested:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-Color...8195102?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item2a3b94351e

I felt the same way about my Epaulet alt Wien's that I just sold. I think the antique edge up against color 8 seems to really get women's attention. They were easily my most complimented shoes, but like you, the fit wasn't quite right. I posted a link to your auction a couple of days ago shortly after you listed the LWB's. A half size smaller and I would be all over them as they are a beautiful shoe. Good luck with your auction and congrats on your new score.

Last edited:

circleslife

Reaction score
[/URL]

Send it to Alden. They should fix it for free. Must say Allen Edmonds has been exceptional with their customer service when this happened to me. Don't know about Alden however.

Factor Xll

Reaction score

There is good news in all of this, however: today I received a replacement pair, boots I've wanted for a long time: AF84 from Alden of Carmel, brown calfskin boots. I am in love all over again.

More Pictures on the boots please!

circleslife

Reaction score
PSA - Sazon has a Cigar Indy in size 10D up for sale. This doesn't come in the marketplace often guys.

Doctor Chan

Reaction score
Its an awesome choice. I went back and forth for weeks about picking it up because I have a snuff suede wingtip already on commando. I finally buckled though and ordered them. I should get in the next day or two. I do worry slightly though because my size was originally out of stock and someone returned. Just crossing my fingers that a defect of some sort wasnt the reasoning and its more related to sizing.

Anyways congrats on the purchase!
What size may that be for you?

keithp3521

Reaction score

I felt the same way about my Epaulet alt Wien's that I just sold. I think the antique edge up against color 8 seems to really get women's attention. They were easily my most complimented shoes, but like you, the fit wasn't quite right. I posted a link to your auction a couple of days ago shortly after you listed the LWB's. A half size smaller and I would be all over them as they are a beautiful shoe. Good luck with your auction and congrats on your new score.

Wow. Thanks, Shawn. That was very cool of you to link to my sale. That's good karma, baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads