1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thams

thams Well-Known Member

Thanks gentlemen! My Alden collection is still modest, but I'm proud of what I do own.

2. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Well-Known Member

whiskey LHS

1 person likes this.
  3. RevisIsland

RevisIsland Well-Known Member

I was actually considering shell LHS for summer. But, would your feet sweat up without socks? Is lined or unlined better for no socks?

4. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I believe I read somewhere on this forum that unlined is better for sockless so the lining doesn't hold on to the moisture.

5. Akeem

Akeem Well-Known Member

have the naval boots and on the preorder for the alt weins. i realized they may be too similar so i am willing to let it go. I fear that if they end up in my hands, I will just keep them.

6. AldenKappa

AldenKappa Active Member

Are these from the Recent Alden Dzc whiskey batch? They are great

7. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Well-Known Member

Just got off the phone with DC wanted to see if I would be getting a pair of Cigar Captoe's on the next go-round. I'm #3 for 12D, 2 ordered. :brick:

Been on the list for over a year!

8. JjasonL

JjasonL Well-Known Member

im like 5th on most list... wish i was 3rd!!

9. Steel28

Steel28 Well-Known Member

there's still hope.

10. MT1982

MT1982 Well-Known Member

How many do they usually make in each size per run? I see a lot of "2 in my size" posts - is that the norm? 2 per size per run?

11. TO Tie Guy

Depends on the size of the run.

I'm surprised 12D are getting 2. With a 24 pair run usually we get one pair. I think most retailers order 2 pairs of the more popular sizes (8-10) one each of the small and large sizes and perhaps 1 pair each of 8E-10E

Don't forget about the people who require narrow or extra wide as well and those 24 pairs are gone in a hurry!

If it is a small run like the Whiskey WTB (12 pairs) forget it.. every man for himself!

12. MT1982

MT1982 Well-Known Member

Crap. I was 9 or 10 I think on the 9 1/2 D's for the Ravello. So assuming two pairs were made I'm still 4 to 5 runs away from owning a pair assuming every person keeps theirs :( I'm on the list for Cigar too, but don't know what place.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  13. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

There were two 11.5D as well for some reason. I'm 3rd so feel y'all's pain.

Also. Alt wein boot? I knew EP had the shoe last summer for preorder but don't remember the boot.

14. TO Tie Guy

The boot pre-order was about 6 weeks ago. It sold out in.. oh about 7 seconds.

15. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Should have guessed. I skip a few days in that thread and miss out. Sounds similar to the Rydan boot.

16. aldennoob

aldennoob Well-Known Member

How's the size of Naval compare to jcrew' version or alden sf cap toe boot version??
    Just read some comment from internet said Naval is half size larger than others...

17. CEE88

CEE88 Well-Known Member

I think unlined just feels better on your foot (moisture being part, but not all of it). I wear my lined color 8 Ranger sockless and it feels pretty good, but not nearly as comfortable my unlined 8 Dover.

18. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Well-Known Member

What do you guys think about these shoes with dark denim/ in general? I'm in a very casual work environment. Yes or no?

[​IMG]

19. DuckOB

DuckOB Well-Known Member

^yes with dark denim light denim ,cords etc.

Edit. Forgot. ..... Nice shoes :)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  20. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Well-Known Member

Thanks, it was very difficult to find much info at all about the 911. I'll take some much better shots of them for the community once I have a little spare time and daylight. The color is pleasantly a little darker than expected, and have been insanely comfortable out of the box. Just making sure I want to keep these before I put a crease in them or take a step off the carpet.

I've tried every permutation of size with the Allen Edmonds 5 last two years ago and cannot make walnut strands work for me. So these seem to be an even better alternative and a slightly more versatile color.

Any other feedback is greatly appreciated, are these keepers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.