1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Watchman1

Watchman1 Well-Known Member

Gentlemen,

Hope you don't mind an oldie but goodie:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

WOW!! Awesome, I think I know what just moved up to the top of the queue!! Thanks for sharing @Watchman1

What are your barrie and hampton sizes?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  3. Watchman1

Yes Sir,

Thank You Very Much.

Same as you in regard to fittings:

Barrie-10E
    Hampton-10E
    Plaza-10E
    Aberdeen-10EE

4. Watchman1

Also,

I could really use a 10EE in Grant as well.

10E works, but 10EE would just be a little better.

5. z8k1n

z8k1n Well-Known Member

Thanks all for the compliments, if it weren't for this thread my search would have been way less fruitful..
    And I'm w/you lil'JL I can't get enough of those PT boots

6. Watchman1

Also,

A note concerning my affinity for the 9015. I think it is perhaps my favorite shoe.

1. Comfort
    2. Styling

It is amazing to me how many people do not appreciate the beauty of this shoe. Every time I post pics of them over on AAAC, someone comments and says that they are outdated and that they are "Biscuit" shoes and all sorts of negative criticism.

And, I just keep posting them because I like them so much. [​IMG]

Everyone says that the Euro and Northampton made shoes over-rule them in terms of sleekness and so forth.

And that may be true...but, they just fit my fat feet sooo good.

Because of that...I'm gonna rock em till the soles fall off...and then send them back to Alden and do it all over again. [​IMG]

Happy Sunday!

7. Alpina

Alpina Well-Known Member

Wow--nice set. Those cigar boots are especially insane. I assume they are older than the chukkas, or did you just luck out with a lighter shade?

8. z8k1n

z8k1n Well-Known Member

They are older, good luck and a kind fellow SFr posted them here..from Leather Sole in I think 2011. The chukkas are new/unworn..

9. aldennoob

aldennoob Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, did anyone purchased
    [​IMG] BROWN CHROMEXCE LBARRIE LAST COMMANDO SOLE STYLE #44924HC from alden madison?
    I want to ask about the fitting. I own a pair of cap toe boot in barrie last from tassels hong kong [​IMG]

and a pair of 990. I found that the 990 is larger than cap toe boot even they are both in US7.

I am not sure which size i should take for this boot. should i take us6.5 for the #44924HC or US7 ?
    hope you guys can give me some advice[​IMG]thanks

10. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Well-Known Member

It sounds like you fit similar to me where you can go TTS in barrie lasted boot's and need to drop a 1/2 size in barrie lasted shoes. In that case I would suggest keeping the size 7 as they should fit the same as Tassels boot. By the way, welcome to the forum!

11. aldennoob

thanks for your quick reply!
    Actually i asked the staff in tassels and they said somethings about welting. The 990 was built in 360welt ?(or storm welt?) and boot was built in 270welt hence make the 990 larger than boot.
    What welting are the #44924HC? I dont have a clear concepts about welting.[​IMG]

12. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Well-Known Member

The boot you posted from Madison has a 360 welt. You can see the stitching of the boot go all the way around it (hence, 360). 270 welt stops at the heel. I am unaware of this causing any difference in sizing.

13. aldennoob

Thanks for your help! Maybe i misunderstand the explanation from the staff. Your advice is very useful and i will try same size with the boot[​IMG]

14. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

15. aldennoob

I guess even with same last, different retailer make up will also have different fitting feeling...i hope i can travel to US to try it in person. But nowadays alden is too hard to buy. This cxl boot also have no estimated restock time.[​IMG]

16. rosslovethreads

rosslovethreads Well-Known Member

My least favorite trees are from woodlore. I feel they are too tall in the vamp area and it hinders the shoe tree from properly filling the vamp. It just gets wedged in there too early, without properly filling the width of the shoe. Rochester Shoe Tree Co (the company that supplies Alden their shoe trees{Alden simply applies their Alden plaque to the trees and resells them}) makes really great ones. Try to catch them on eBay. In my experience their sizing chart is pretty accurate.

17. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing. I really like the different colors in your collection.
    Sweet looking indys.

18. ylku

ylku Well-Known Member

Gentlemen,
    I felt so depressed when I received a pair of new Alden 990 shoes this morning. Both of them have been creased....

Is this normal when buying shoes from Alden shoe store?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. stevefok

stevefok Well-Known Member

Which store did you get those from. They do resell shoes which have been tried on or returned from customers with a bit of imperfection but those are the worst I've ever seen. That's totally unacceptable. How's the condition of the soles?

20. ylku

ylku Well-Known Member

From Alden Madison.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.