1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Odd. I didn't even notice that. But agree first I've seen it. But we all knew it was Aberdeen anyways. Some other models might be helpful though.

2. JjasonL

JjasonL Well-Known Member

Does Alden make a shell Chelsea boot?

3. brp2

brp2 Well-Known Member

Alden does not make a Chelsea boot, period.

4. Vicious49

Vicious49 Well-Known Member

Do you guys think there is enough of a difference between these 2 to justify keeping both or is it just redundant?

Tobacco chamois on commando and CXL on crepe
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  5. stevefok

stevefok Well-Known Member

I certainly won't keep both.

6. rosslovethreads

rosslovethreads Well-Known Member

Feels redundant... Sorry friend. Cash towards your next!

7. rosslovethreads

rosslovethreads Well-Known Member

I know there are options for aftermarket commando soles out there, but I've never seen anyone throw crepe on something. Has it been done?

I'd like to see some pics of the commando B. Nelson (or any good cobbler) does. Not full lugged vibrant, but the hybrid commando.

8. schmallo15

schmallo15 Well-Known Member

Agree with others. Seems redundant.

9. 89826

89826 Well-Known Member

Yes they do. I bought a pair last year from Leather Soul. #8 shell, Plaza last. No side zipper though.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  10. walds11

walds11 Well-Known Member

I prefer the darker welt and the classic Indy stitch as well. I can't stand the nearly white, natural welt on the 403s. It's almost blinding. I've got a deposit on the next run of LS Ultimate Indys. Darker welt and commando soles to boot! My ultimate indy :)

11. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

12. walds11

walds11 Well-Known Member

You got a super deal, no doubt about that! I am sure that the natural welt will darken over time. I really wanted the 403 on a commando sole and that's the main reason I went after the LS UI. It will be long wait, but well worth it. Per Will @ LS, before end of year, if not sooner.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  13. ATLVol

ATLVol Well-Known Member

Next corporate event is 3/17.....30% off makes a lot of their offerings more attractive

14. ATLVol

ATLVol Well-Known Member

Clear and cool weather = cigar from DC for me today.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  15. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Well-Known Member

Would really like to see better pics of the brass eyelets when you get them. Maybe laced up as someone else said.
    Thanks and they look great!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  16. Alpina

Alpina Well-Known Member

17. Bonesy

Bonesy Well-Known Member

Looking for some advice-
    I am looking to get a black or #8 boot to wear primarily with jeans while working. I was lucky enough to score a #8 indy off of the Jcrew pricing glitch a few weeks back but am concerned with the crepe sole. I am a real estate appraiser so I won't be wearing these while digging ditches or anything but they will see frequent wet grass and the occasional construction site with dirt and mud. Is this the wrong boot for me?
    Would I be better off considering the Ironside Indy? I dig it, it has the commando sole, but I am worried the chamois will stain with all of the waling through wet grass I do.
    Thanks for any insight.

18. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

got a pic? cant say I've ever seen a pair from alden

1 person likes this.
  19. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

@inn8chiro - your cobbler did really some nice work on these ! They look awesome.

2 people like this.
  20. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

After another terrible winter here in NYC, I am thinking about investing in black and color 8 bluchers on commando soles (likely from AoC) for next winter... I want to take a poll among those that wear conservative business dress, often have client meetings, etc

1) Would you feel comfortable wearing barrie lasted, commando soled shoes with business suits, ties, etc?
    2) If you had a business meeting with someone you hadn't met before, how would you react to someone wearing commando soled Aldens of this type in this setting (assume that it is winter and that is/has snowed recently)

Often I find guys do the "wear Bean Boots, hiking boots, timberlands" to work, then slip on shoes at work method - I don't want to do that. I am also skeptical about overshoes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.