1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicious49

Vicious49 Well-Known Member

Same here. Says they should be here Friday although I'm thinking Monday is more likely.

2. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

WinnPerry today

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. jstancato

jstancato Well-Known Member

I love those boots! I'm thinking of getting a pair. You recommend?

4. totalair1

totalair1 Well-Known Member

Yes..... You are confirmed for your order, it's yours! However another person took a call and did the same thing. There's 2 confirmed orders the winner typically is one who's order was placed first. I also think you know some one at TSM, they physically grab your pair of shoe, boxes and labels them...now they are ready to ship. I'm saying there's variables I don't fault TSM on this process, it just blows up!

Steve

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  5. Watchman1

Watchman1 Well-Known Member

One time I bought a pair of Alden #8 Chukkas from the irregulars list. They even issued me a tracking # but the kicks never left CT...

I waited like 3 days only to call and find out that it was a inventory mistake...:foo:

Nevertheless, thank God that this most recent acquisition is on its way out of CT already...:)

6. postal007

postal007 Well-Known Member

As an additional data point, this round I ordered the CS lady told me that now they're checking stock in two places - they have their internal inventory system, but things get sold so fast that they literally post what is being sold on an instant message system which can be searched by the other CS reps. Given that we're in 2015 there's got to be a better real-time inventory system - haha!

7. z8k1n

z8k1n Well-Known Member

I received similar call from DC re Ravello cap toe boots, will be my first Grant last..looking very much forward to giving them a spin and hoping the recent streak of Ravello shade perfection holds!

8. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

True. When I called back for the LHS the rep said let me hold/grab (can't quite remember) those for you so no one else gets them. So maybe it's a little better.

Both of mine were picked up at 5:03pm and left CT at 9:29pm. Estimates for Friday.

9. totalair1

totalair1 Well-Known Member

I treat these TSM irregular sales like the day after Christmas sales, intense competition with only very short supply for the most desirable pairs. The smart ones are onsite at the shop and when the sale starts they grab the good stuff before lists make it out. I've been told the irregulars are not on display in the store anymore. I feel comfortable in saying there's some back door ways of finding what's on the list sooner than the vast majority. I don't think that's gonna change so I just deal with it.

I'm more interested in getting on pre-order lists and locking in a spot for specific models I want. I'd rather pay the normal rate, issue free and no worries. I don't mind scoring an irregular pair and always look forward to the hunt!

Steve

10. csmitty

Excellent. What size did you get?

I wonder if most of the allotment went to SF :)

11. z8k1n

z8k1n Well-Known Member

I got an 8 and hope they work out..I'm 7.5d Barrie; and for Chukkas I should probably go down to 7.. Recently scored for me grails of Cigar AND Whiskey chukkas in 7.5d and they are easily a 1/2 size too large..I will likely sell one of them (both bnib) then wait another couple years for them to come around again to get 7s..

12. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

My friend, it was a bit of both. That was at the crack of dawn and they are on the darker side of whiskey.

13. stevefok

stevefok Well-Known Member

Congras! Hope 8D works for you, Mike!

You are 7.5D in barrie and those 7.5 chukkas are too big for you? Thats strange.

14. Adam3570

Adam3570 Member

Just received these Cigar Chuckas, thought I would share a few pics with the group here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  15. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

Those are outstanding...who did that makeup?

16. JjasonL

JjasonL Well-Known Member

Still no confirmation email after 24hrs... Guess I lost

They definitely need to upgrade their inventory software

17. Adam3570

Adam3570 Member

Thanks Kahuna!

This is a Madison makeup from the preorder from last October.

18. csmitty

Quote:Nice, were you on the preorder or get lucky and find a lonely pair?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  19. Adam3570

Adam3570 Member

20. Watchman1

Watchman1 Well-Known Member

^^^Congrats my friend. It is a good feeling to get your hands on some rare shell after looking at pics for so long. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.