• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jp2k1

Reaction score
I think they look interesting, but I would not keep for myself. I would pay extra if the light and dark panels matched.
drool.gif

Beebs, you're funny.

I do think it looks interesting that way.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Im not sure if returns are an option on this preorder. Refinishing may be the only option.

I'm sure you can return them.
I would,
1. Return
2. Keep and rock.
3 -793. Explore other options: sell to mdubs, have namor spray paint them blue, eBay...
794. Refinish.

I don't think refinishing whiskey is a good idea.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Okay, that sucks.  Maybe Ill keep it and just darken the other panel lol

I would just keep them as it. Once they roll and bloom a little I think it will be less obvious.

jp2k1

Reaction score
I would just keep them as it. Once they roll and bloom a little I think it will be less obvious.

The left shoe has darker panels where the right shoe has lighter panels. If you took all the dark panels together youd have one dark whiskey shoe and one light whiskey shoe. It actually looks pretty interesting. lol

Last edited:

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alden Natural CXL Wingtip Boots (with Brass Eyelets and Hooks). Maiden voyage. They were factory seconds from TheShoeMart. Still no clue which store commissioned them... Yeah, I kind of went crazy with the socks... All my brown ones were in the wash and I figured that no one would see them (plus I had a blue shirt on)! :) -Mike
I like the boots mike. I haven't purchased cxl yet, but I would buy these. I think the blue socks are also a nice touch.

Kwaker

Reaction score
I like your positive attitude ...
The left shoe has darker panels where the right shoe has lighter panels.  If you took all the dark panels together youd have one dark whiskey shoe and one light whiskey shoe. It actually looks pretty interesting. lol

I like your positive attitude ... how long did you wait to receive this pair?

jp2k1

Reaction score
I like your positive attitude ...
I like your positive attitude ... how long did you wait to receive this pair?

Thanks. I forgot, maybe since this past December? I wasnt even thinking about it until I received the email.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To each their own and I may sound like a crank, but I just could not accept a pair of shoes conspicuously mismatched like that. Esp at that price. I don't care if its "rare shell", it should LOOK GOOD and mismatched shoes IMO do not look good. Maybe this is a trend in Williamsburg, but mismatched $700 shoes are like paying extra to sport a rare faux pas.

Last edited:

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So their idea of refinishing means darkening the rest of the shoe? It seems thats the way theyll go. Im not sure how they can lighten it.
I doubt you would be happy with the results. They are likely to come back a dark Ravello, but not in a good way. Shaunw had a pair refinished lately, find his pics.

Maybe this is a trend in Williamsburg
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif

Last edited:

Reaction score

Buckeye Nation

Reaction score

What would you do with these whiskeys?
For what's its worth, my whiskey short wings have panels / sections that are different shades. Over time, this will all even out - mine even have parts that shift color depending on the viewing angle. I would wear those and be happy :happy: Good luck either way!

Last edited:

jp2k1

Reaction score
For what's its worth, my whiskey short wings have panels / sections that are different shades.

Over time, this will all even out - mine even have parts that shift color depending on the viewing angle.

I would wear those and be happy
happy.gif

Good luck either way!

Thanks for the input!

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got in Leffot tan suede longwings as well - will post some photos later.

Glad these bluchers are arriving in time for warm weather.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads