1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

Let's see some recent pics of folks wearing Leffot's #8 naval boots.

I came across an unworn pair in my closet and I'm fighting the urge to sell them. I need some inspiration to keep them. :D

2. Vicious49

Vicious49 Well-Known Member

This.

At my interview a few months ago for my now current job, when I was walking out the director said 'this is the last time you'll ever wear a suit here'. Now that I'm there I see so many of the square toed shoes everywhere. You'll be way ahead of the game with either but you dont want to be flashy at an interview so go with color 8.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  3. Alpina

Alpina Well-Known Member

wearing mine today. Easily my favorites.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. hoser133

hoser133 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info guys. I think I might go with the J Crew pct boot in #8. I think it's subdued enough for the interview and not as flashy as the wingtips.

5. ErikW

ErikW Well-Known Member

Great choice. I've used that boot and my plaza "Dr. Jones" boot for interviews before.

6. Michigan Planner

I just heard back from TSM regarding these:
    :(

7. Michigan Planner

Nevermind

8. Shawnc

Shawnc Well-Known Member

Agreed. Though outside of this site, no on would look at a person in a navy suit and a pair of 975's and think this was inappropriate for an interview. On the contrary, the interviewer would likely be extremely impressed with with best-dressed interviewee they've spoken with.

9. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Quote:Damn, wish new boots would show up in the back of my closet. Which fairy is that?

10. Michigan Planner

It's the "I have too much crap for my own good" fairy. Also new unworn: color #8 LHS (not even taken out of the box that TSM ships them in) and a pair of black alpine grain v-tips.

11. walds11

walds11 Well-Known Member

Oh darn, I was really digging this makeup. Oh well, looks like I'll be going after the Unlined Flex Penny Loafer in brown chromexcel.

12. csmitty

Quote:#8 NST [​IMG] #8 WTB [​IMG] #8 Indy (TB last) [​IMG] These are all standard for JGilbert and sounds like B&M will be the same. With Yenni switching over it sounds like I'm on two lists for the #8 NST. Guess we'll see who gets here first. The #8 Indy on Plaza was the one I hadn't heard about. I was waiting for Fransboone to restock but they raised their shell prices so its probably close to what us retailers price out now. Depending on the euro of course. Here's theirs though. Probably similar other than welt and edge. [​IMG]

13. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

alpine gran x j.crew
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. katch

katch Well-Known Member

JGilbert doesn't post prices on their website for the Plaza lasted boots. What do they run?

15. gr789

gr789 Well-Known Member

Sorry to be that guy answering his own question, but I wanted to credit Alden and maybe others would find this useful.
    I emailed Alden, general@aldenshoe.com, that above picture as well as a picture of the model number 23276 on the lining. In one business day, they emailed back and told me that this Alden for Brooks Brothers model is on the Grant last.

16. gr789

gr789 Well-Known Member

Very dapper! If you don't mind me asking, what belt did you pair with these? Totally matched or within the general color scheme? I tend to do the latter.

17. forbritisheyes

forbritisheyes Well-Known Member

Wasn't he referring to the quality control of Alden? Can anyone speak to this?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  18. csmitty

Quote:Probably low to mid 700s I'd imagine. I don't think there's much deviation or a high markup for theirs. Not sure if they've done the price increase or not though.

19. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

Wow these are really nice. Are these had stitched?

20. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.