1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. breck81

breck81 Well-Known Member

Post deleted.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  2. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Well-Known Member

Guess TSM locked us in at the lower price. The boot listed above is $35 more than I was charged.

3. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

4. ReppTiePrepster

5. ReppTiePrepster

Hmm... should a criminal defense attorney strike a potential jurer wearing these beauties during voir dire? I like the strategy Mike!

BTW, wonderful shoes my friend!

6. ReppTiePrepster

7. ReppTiePrepster

You are good my friend. That is an epic 2nd post though! [​IMG]

8. what whale

what whale Well-Known Member

Guys question on resoling: thinking of having my 975s resoled to mirror the Leffot color 8 LWB. Because I'm a shoe terminology newb, how should I communicate what I want to an Nelson: "resole with Alden like "antique" edge with double leather & Dainite sole." Does that communicate it correctly? (I realize the leffot lwb doesn't have Dainite.)

Thanks guys!!!

9. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Well-Known Member

That's funny! Was at work today in a meeting and had the same thought. For some reason, I hate to order things and send them back, especially to small businesses. Makes me feel badly for wasting their resources. Was daydreaming about "gee, wouldn't it be nice to be able to have some trial fit shoes to send around?" I have numerous pairs of 9D shoes and boots on barrie and TB. I recently had a lightbulb go off and realized that the 9D barrie shoes really don't fit that well. If I throw on some thick winter socks no problem but otherwise they are too big. I'm confident with my plaza and grant sizing and okay with my barrie and TB boot sizing but a bit off with other shoes and lasts.
    I briefly went from daydream to "okay, how would this work, people have to buy in for what $750? a $1000? then forum member ship out a pair of shoes, and then..." well, back to the subject of the meeting I was in. Don't see it happening but it was far more stimulating to my brain than what was being discussed.

10. Steel28

Steel28 Well-Known Member

For my CAN brethren. Get Amazon dot ca Visa card and pay no transaction fees when making international purchase. Just signed up for one. Should help us a bit.

11. TO Tie Guy

:slayer: saving 2.5% foreign transaction fees for a long time with that card! It's only use is for purchases abroad but it does its job!

12. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

Wait so we pay the same as the US but in CAD?

That would help us more than a bit, it would save us like 20% on everything basically right now. I'm confused.

13. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

Sorry but that cannot possibly be it. Feel bad for you guys with the currency.

14. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

It's not, I think the credit card companies charge a fee to convert the funds. That's what we save it seems. Minor but every bit helps.

15. Steel28

Steel28 Well-Known Member

this is correct! @Burzan

16. 90shilling

90shilling Well-Known Member

Interesting daydream/idea...now for those 9D barrie shoes or boots, please PM me if/when you decide to part with them. [​IMG]

17. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

I'm on board now, my brain went a bit mushy for a sec from all the grail pics today.

1 person likes this.
  18. TO Tie Guy

Ya Chase waives the standard 2.5% currency transaction fee that are charged by other credit cards. I saved $20 on just the Ravello NST boot. (Cue the realization that the boot was nearly $1k CAD).

You also get back $20 for every 2000 spent on the card (1%) (2% at Amazon.ca) so a 3.5% return.

19. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Well-Known Member

Ahhh, once again you've purchased the same new makeup as me. We share extremely similar tastes it would seem. Mine should arrive tomorrow, can't wait! I'm really glad I snagged the last pair available in my size.

Just curious, since I don't typically cuff my denim I had some qualms about how a darker shade of denim works with earth chamois. How versatile do you see the dark shade of earth chamois being? Anything you gentlemen recommend I avoid?

20. ReppTiePrepster

He had his ankles and forefoot fused! :D JK, dubsie! You do remarkable work with ironing out those creases! I've gotta figure out how you do it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.