1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Well-Known Member

Price is definitely steep but they're worth it.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. Tuur

Tuur Well-Known Member

They said d width to me so i guess not.

3. breck81

breck81 Well-Known Member

I love the pull tabs. I wish my Madison Tankers had them.

4. CEE88

CEE88 Well-Known Member

Gentlemen - anybody know if that unlined natty CXL chukka has been done before? If so, any pics? That sounds like it could be a very interesting make up.
    Thanks for posting Steel!

5. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Well-Known Member

Just ordered those about five minutes ago. Let's see, I got back home in the states on Friday, had one pair waiting for me, got on a list for a shell boot, ordered the EP Innsbruck CXL shoe and just ordered the natty CXL LWB from Winn Perry.
    This will be my first natty CXL, any advice as far as care? Thanks

6. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

my narrow leg openings and pull tabs [​IMG] all day long.
    cigar brixtons? in mint condition? good lord!
    sweet looking loafers sir.

7. fitzcooper

fitzcooper Well-Known Member

Thank you MrDV. Those cigar Brixtons are really something. I couldn't pass those up if given the chance to purchase. Was thinking maybe c & j brown shell wt boots (Skye 2) due to relative ease of acquisition but the Aldens are tough to beat.

8. RecoveringChef

RecoveringChef Well-Known Member

Pretty much any blucher or boot

9. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Do a Whiskey Skye! ;-) I just need one more to have the GMTO going.

10. hoser133

hoser133 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Indy's doing work.

2 people like this.
  11. z8k1n

z8k1n Well-Known Member

If I didn't get lucky and score the coming-soon Whiskey WTboot from AOM I'd be on this GMTO with you..

12. CEE88

CEE88 Well-Known Member

Busy Man! Where were you overseas?

You will love those natural chromexcel LWBs. They look so good.

Care: I personally use Saphir Renovateur on shell and Cxl leather every once in a while and that's it. I do lightly brush them almost every time I wear them with a brush that has never seen polish.

Recently I got a bottle of Alden Leather Defender, which is strongly recommended for shell, and apparently Cxl leather too. I applied it to these natty CXL LWBs before I wore them outside. I've had them a month or so and that's all I've done to/for them (other than brushing).

13. fitzcooper

fitzcooper Well-Known Member

Mike,

I did seriously consider it and I would love to help you "make it happen" but I already have a tan colored wingtip boot (I know, I know, they would get worn - probably more than the ones I have) and I really want a dark brown shell wt boot (lindrick, alden or Skye 2). I guess I'm trying to cover the basics (as they apply to my casual boot wardrobe) and I feel like impulse jumping on the whiskey, awesome though they certainly will be and as relatively good of a deal too, isn't the best move for me right now.

Also, just bought a pair of Gianni's and have a few other things in the works (first baby not the least of which) I was planning to slow down while leaving a window open to a dark brown shell wt boot. Anyone know where I can get a pair of cigar Brixtons? Jk, but seriously.

I will sleep on it but I don't want to get your hopes up. Oh, and thank you for all the information and awesome photos that you have contributed to this forum! Truly appreciated.

-Patrick

14. PorterInjax

Been spending most of my time in Buenos Aires of late with a few other places in between. Typically spend four or five weeks there with one week at home. That may change soon though, I've started looking at apartments down there.
    Anyway, thank you for the info on shoe care. I have the Alden Defender and ordered a second bottle today from WP when I ordered the shoes. Also have a couple of bottles of the Saphir Renovator that I too use occasionally on shell.

15. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Well-Known Member

Thank you, nope--wound up with a 1980's Davidoff Chateau Margaux! Partagas are never in short supply, though.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  16. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

17. PorterInjax

Brushing down my EP Ravello Brixton's enjoying a scotch, the Grammy's and waiting on Walking Dead to start.
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  18. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

agreed. these got worked today. still my go to pair

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

^ nice. My beaters taking a bath

[​IMG]

I'm taking an trip in a few months across southeast Europe/turkey and want to take them with me but the tobacco chamois (sheep?) leather smells so funky. Not bad but I'm anxious it would cause too much of a distraction in our room. It's presence is definitely noticed upon entry. Anyone else notice this with their Tc leather?

1 person likes this.
  20. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

My wife has commented on the smell of the chamois but I've never been bothered by it and it seems to dissipate over time. I don't think it's sheep (despite what googling chamois told me - Alden's kudu isn't really antelope either and Bureau Belfast doesn't seem to notice, so clearly lots of odd stuff with the Alden/Horween leather terminology). Think it is just heavily oiled nubuck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.